2.實用對話
Mailing a Letter寄信
Clerk: Good afternoon! May I help you?
職員:下午好,我能為你做些什么?
Bob: I need some stamps for this letter.
鮑勃:我想買一些郵票寄這封信。
Clerk: What kind of stamps do you want?
職員:你想要什么樣的郵票?
Bob: This kind of stamp is beautiful. How many do I need for this letter?
鮑勃:這種郵票很漂亮。我寄這封信得買幾張?
Clerk: I need to weigh it first. Er... it's five grams overweight. Do you want to send it as regular post or as a registered letter?
職員:我得先稱一稱。呃…超重五克。你想寄平信還是掛號信?
Bob: I want it registered. How much is it then?
鮑勃:我想寄掛號信,要多少錢?
Clerk: Registration plus overweight.. Er... five pounds in all. You can stick five stamps on the envelope.
職員:掛號加超重…呃…總共五英鎊。你可以在信封上貼五張郵票。
Bob: Here's a 1O-pound bill.
鮑勃:這是十英鎊。
Clerk: Here's your receipt, and the change. If you are interested. we have a special collectors' addition stamp series this year. It is on sale right now for 30% off.
職員:你的收據及找你的錢。如果你感興趣的話,今年我們特別推出了收藏家附加郵票系列,現在打七折降價銷售。
Bob: No, thanks. I'm actually not a collector.
鮑勃:不了,謝謝。我可不是收藏家。