第四章
209.as I was saying / like I was saying
如我剛才所言
As I was saying before you came in, Bob, we'll need lots of help.
鮑勃,正如你進來之前我所說的,我們需要大量的幫助。
Help for what? I didn't hear what you were talking about.
幫忙做什么啊?我沒有聽見你們剛才在說些什么。
別麻煩了。
Shall I put these cards in alphabetical order?
要我把這些卡片按照字母順序排好嗎?
No, don't bother. It's really not necessary.
不用麻煩了,真的不必要。
不要想得太好了。
I'll be going to Honolulu on my vacation.
假期我要到火奴魯魯島去。
Don't get any ideas.
不要想得太好了,
We're counting on your coming back to work in two weeks.
我們還指望你兩周之后回來工作呢。
212.Give me best to.../Say hello to...(for me).
替我向......祝愿/(替我)向......問好。
Good-bye, Mr. Wilson. Please give my best to Mr. Jones.
再見,威爾遜先生,請替我向瓊斯先生問好。
I certainly will. Good-bye, Mr. Jackson.
一定,再見,杰克遜先生。
213.(Have you) changed your mind? /You changed your mind?
你改變主意了嗎?
I heard you were going to Miami.
我聽說你要去邁阿密,
Have you changed your mind?
你改變主意了嗎?
Yeah. I've decided to go to Atlanta instead.
是的,我已經決定要去亞特蘭大了。
214.(I'm) glad you could drop by./(I'm) glad you could stop by.
(我)很高興你能來。
I'm sorry to drop in on you without calling.
很抱歉我沒有事先打電話就來冒昧拜訪了。
Not at all, Bob. I'm glad you could drop by.
不要緊,鮑勃,我很高興你能來。
215.(I) wouldn't bet on it./(I) wouldn't count on it.
(我)不敢說。/(我)不敢指望。
I'm sure this weekend's weather will be nice.
我確信這個周末天氣會很好。
I wouldn't bet on it. The weather forecast calls for rain.
我不敢說,天氣預報說會有雨。
216.(I) wouldn't if I were you.
要是我是你,我不會那么做。
Should I mention this mistake to Mr. Fields?
我跟費爾茲先生提一下這個錯好不好?
I wouldn't if I were you. He might get angry.
我要是你就不會提,他可能會生氣的。
217.(I) can't complain. /(I have) nothing to complain about.
不錯。/(我)沒什么好抱怨的。
How are things going at work these days?
你近來工作如何?
I can't complain. We're meeting our quotas easily enough.
還不錯,我們很容易就會完成指標。
立刻/馬上。
How soon will you be able to leave?
你們什么時候可以走啊?
Right away.
馬上。
視情形而定。
Will you be going to San Francisco on business soon?
你馬上要因公去舊金山嗎?
That all depends. I haven't talked to the head office yet.
視情形而定,我還沒有跟總公司談。
220.(The) best of luck (to...).
祝......好運。
Good-bye, Tom. The best of luck to you!
再見,湯姆,祝你好運!
Thanks, Jim. Same to you!
謝謝你,吉姆。也祝你好運!
221.to make a long story short / to cut a long story short
長話短說。
How did the client respond to your proposal?
客戶對你們的建議反應如何?
To make a long story short, we made a contract.
長話短說,我們簽合約了。
要帶走。
Is this order for take-out or will you eat here?
這張單是帶走還是堂食啊?
To go, please.
帶走。