UNIT2 Everyday Life
第二單元 日常生活
Part2 Time and Appointments
第2部分 時間與約會
Dialogue 1
會話1
A: Hey, you are behind time again.
A: 嗯,你又遲到了。
B: Are you kidding? I'm just on time. Look at my watch. It's 10 sharp now.
B: 別開玩笑了,我準時到達。看我的表,10點整。
A: Do you think your watch is right?
A: 你覺得你的表準嗎?
B: You bet. I have just set my watch by the radio time signal.
B: 當然,我剛剛和電臺報時信號對過。
Dialogue 2
會話2
A: Professor Wang, I am sorry I won't be able to see you this afternoon. I've got a cold.
A: 王教授,很抱歉我今天下午不能來見您了。我感冒了。
B: Oh, I am sorry to hear about that.
B: 噢,對此我感到很遺憾。
A: I wonder if I could postpone my appointment till some other time?
A: 我是否可以推遲我們的約會?
B: No problem. Take good care of yourself.
B: 好的。保重身體。
A: I will, thank you.
A: 我會的,謝謝您。
Dialogue 3
會話3
A: Oh, hello, John. Does your watch keep good time?
A: 噢.你好約翰。你的表準嗎?
B: Not really. In fact it's sometimes five minutes slow. So I usually have to start out five minutes earlier.
B: 不太準,實際上它有時會慢5分鐘。所以我通常會提前5分鐘出發。
A: How is the time now?
A: 那現在時間是多少?
B: Oh, never fear! we have plenty of time.
B: 別擔心,我們有的是時間。
A: We'd better rush now. You know, I'd like to be earlier than the appointed time. Early birds always get the worms.
A: 我們還是快點吧。你知道的,我希望能比約定的時間早點到。早起的鳥兒有食吃嘛。