重點講解:
1. give sth. a miss
決定不做;決定不參加;
eg. Do you mind if I give it a miss?
如果我決定不去,你會介意嗎?
eg. I think I'll give badminton a miss tonight.
我今晚不想打羽毛球了 。
2. truth be told
說實在的;坦白說;
eg. Truth be told, I am a little nervous.
說實話,我有些緊張 。
eg. Truth be told, I've never been a big reader.
實話實說,我從來不是一個好讀書的人 。
3. every now and then
時而;有時;
eg. But every now and then, something extraordinary occurs.
但不時地也會發生些異乎尋常的事 。
eg. A good argument is essential, every now and then.
偶爾的良性爭執,是很有必要的 。
4. laugh at
嘲笑;譏笑;
eg. Everyone coming our way slowed down to point and laugh at him.
每個路人都放慢腳步,指指點點地取笑他 。
eg. Friends are the people who won't laugh at you or hurt you, and if they do hurt you they try hard to make it up to you.
朋友是那些不會嘲笑你或傷害你的人,如果他們傷害了我,他們會努力去補償你的 。
5. don't mention it
別客氣;不用謝;
eg. 'Thank you very much.' — 'Don't mention it.'
“非常感謝!”——“別客氣 ?!?br />eg. Don't mention it. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
別客氣,你喜歡就好了 。
adj. 笨拙的,尷尬的,(設計)別扭的