
Yang Li: Hello, I'm Yang Li and this is The English We Speak.
楊莉:大家好,我是楊莉,這里是地道英語節目。
William: I'm William Kremer. Welcome to the programme.
威廉:我是威廉·克萊默。歡迎收聽節目。
Yang Li: Ah William, I am so excited!
楊莉:啊,威廉,我真是太興奮了!
William: Really? What's brought this on, then?
威廉:是嗎?那是什么讓你這么興奮?
Yang Li: This weekend something really really really great is happening! Do you know what it is?
楊莉:這周末會有非常非常非常棒的事情發生!你知道是什么嗎?
William: No...
威廉:不知道。
Yang Li: It has to do with music...
楊莉:和音樂有關……
William: Hmm. Is it a big opera?
威廉:嗯。是大型歌劇嗎?
Yang Li: No, it takes place outdoors...
楊莉:不是,是在戶外進行的……
William: Ah, is it opera in the park?
威廉:啊,是在公園里上演的歌劇嗎?
Yang Li: No, no, it's not opera. It's Glastonbury!
楊莉:不,不是,不是歌劇。是格拉斯頓伯里音樂節!
William: Oh wow, the huge music festival! I've never been. What's the line-up this year?
威廉:哦,哇,那個盛大的音樂節!我從來沒去看過。今年的演出陣容都有誰?
Yang Li: Oh no, you don't need to queue. You can just get tickets online. But of course, they are sold out now.
楊莉:哦,不,你不需要排隊。你可以在網上訂票。不過當然,現在票已經售完了。
William: No, no, the line-up, Li. Who's playing?
威廉:哦,不,李,我說的是演出陣容。都有誰出演?
Yang Li: Oh, I see. There's U2 and the Chemical Brothers and Fleet Foxes and Elbow... and loads and loads of bands of course. But William, I'm confused about this phrase line-up...
楊莉:哦,我明白了。有U2樂隊、化學兄弟樂隊、艦隊狐貍樂隊和大腕樂隊……當然還有很多樂隊。不過威廉,我對line-up這個詞有些困惑……
William: Well, in America to 'wait in line' means to queue. But a line-up refers to all the bands that are playing in a festival.
威廉:好,在美國,wait in line的意思是排隊。但是line-up指的是所有出演音樂節的樂隊。
Yang Li: Oh right. So, is this phrase only used for music festivals?
楊莉:哦,好。那這個短語只用在音樂節中嗎?
William: No, it isn't. Listen to this:
威廉:不,不是的。來聽這個例子:
Man: Is Jones playing this weekend?
男1:瓊斯這周末會參加比賽嗎?
Man 2: No, he's still injured so he's not in the line-up.
男2:不,他的傷還沒好,所以他并不在球員陣容中。
William: So in that example 'the line-up' meant the members of a sports team playing in a match. The line-up.
威廉:所以,在這個例子中,line-up指的是參加比賽的運動隊成員。球員陣容。
Yang Li: Well anyway, it's a pretty good line-up at Glastonbury this weekend. I can't wait.
楊莉:好,不管怎么樣說,本周末的格拉斯頓伯里音樂節陣容非常強大。我都等不及了。
William: Who's headlining on Sunday?
威廉:那周日的主角是誰?
Yang Li: Eh, what?
楊莉:啊,什么?
William: Headlining. Who's headlining? Ah, I think I know why you're confused. 'To headline' doesn't mean to be in the newspapers. It means to be the main act in a festival. The main act is 'the headline act'.
威廉:主角。誰是主角?哦,我知道你為什么會困惑了。To headline并不是說報紙的頭條。而是指音樂節中的主角。主角也可以說headline act。
Yang Li: Oh right. I think Beyoncé Knowles is headlining on Sunday. She is the headline act.
楊莉:哦,好的。我想周日的主角是碧昂絲·諾爾斯。她是主角。
William: Ah yes, Beyoncé. I've heard of her. Is she the one that does that dance, like this...
威廉:好的,碧昂斯。我聽說過她。這是不是她的舞蹈,就像這樣……
Yang Li: Oh William, stop it! Stop it! You are not Beyoncé Knowles! It looks wrong!
楊莉:哦,威廉,停下,停下!你可不是碧昂絲·諾爾斯!太難看了!
William: (laughing) OK, OK. So, what time do you leave?
威廉:(笑聲)好吧,好吧。那你什么時候走?
Yang Li: Eh?
楊莉:什么?
William: What time are you going to Glastonbury? It's quite a long way, you know Li. You should probably be getting on a train about now.
威廉:你什么時候去格拉斯頓伯里音樂節?莉,你知道,那里離這里很遠。你現在就應該上火車了。
Yang Li: Oh no, I'm not going! It costs an absolute fortune, you know, and it can be so muddy! And I don't like the idea of those festival toilets. Oh, no, no, no, it's not for me. I'm just going to watch it on telly.
楊莉:哦,不,我不去!你知道,那花費太大了,而且音樂節會非常泥濘!而且我也不喜歡音樂節的衛生間。哦,不,不,不,那不適合我。我就在電視上看就好了。
William: Oh OK, right! Well, for everyone who is going to a music festival this year, we hope you have a fantastic time. I hope that the line-up is great and that the headline act doesn't disappoint. Bye!
威廉:哦,好吧,好的!去看音樂節的觀眾們,我們希望你們度過美好的時光。我希望演出陣容很棒,主角不會讓人失望。再見!
Yang Li: Bye.
楊莉:再見。