重點講解:
1. wake up and smell the coffee
清醒點;面對現實;
eg. I'm your friend. I just want you to wake up and smell the coffee.
我是你的朋友 。我只是要你認清事實 。
eg. By the time they do wake up and smell the coffee, it's often too late.
當他們意識到并且清醒過來時,常常已經太晚了 。
2. pay attention
關心;注意;
eg. Pay attention when I'm talking to you!
我跟你說話的時候,你要留心聽!
eg. It is bad for us to pay attention to one side and neglect the other.
只顧一方面,不顧其他方面,會對我們不利 。
3. go out with sb.
與(異性)交往;與…談戀愛;
eg. He must be mad if he thinks I'll go out with him.
如果他認為我會和他約會那他就是瘋了 。
eg. I started to go out with another woman.
我開始與另一個女人約會 。
4. cannot afford to do sth.
承受不起;負擔不起;
eg. We can't afford to pay such a price.
我們付不起這個價錢 。
eg. We can't afford to have all this expensive machinery lying idle.
讓所有這些機器閑置著,我們可負擔不起損失 。
5. get at
查明;弄清楚;
eg. Our object is to get at the truth.
我們的目的是弄清事實真相 。
eg. I cannot get at the meaning of this sentence.
我不能理解這句句子的意思 。