重點講解:
1. pop round
<口>(到…)去一下,作短暫的訪問;
eg. Better still, why doesn't pop round the off-licence and bring something back here?
何不讓湯米到外賣酒店跑一趟,買些回來喝豈不更好?
eg. I'll pop round later with the notes.
遲些我會帶著筆記過來的 。
2. to be honest
老實說;說實在的;
eg. To be honest, I just don't want to go.
說心里話,我真不想去 。
eg. To be honest, I think they're kind of weird.
老實說,我認為他們有點怪異 。
3. hear from
接到…的信(或電話);
eg. Drop us a line, it's always great to hear from you.
給我們寫封短信,能收到你的信總是讓人很高興 。
eg. The police are anxious to hear from anyone who may know her.
警方急切地希望任何可能認識她的人打電話來 。
4. be desperate for sth./to do sth.
極需要的;渴望做某事;
eg. The man lost in the desert was desperate for water.
在沙漠中迷失方向的人極度渴望得到水 。
eg. He is desperate to get a job.
他非常渴求得一職 。
5. in reality
事實上;實際上;
eg. He came across as streetwise, but in reality he was not.
他給人的印象是很適應都市生活,但實際上并非如此 。
eg. We thought he was serious but in reality he was joking.
我們以為他是認真的,但實際上他是在開玩笑 。
adj. 口渴的,渴望的