Rob: This is The English We Speak with me, Rob...
羅伯:這里是我們所說的英語,我是羅伯。
Li: ...and me, Li. Hello. I'm a bit bored today Rob, what shall we do?
李:我是李。大家好。我今天有點無聊羅伯,我們應該做什么?
Rob: Hmm, how about going to the library?
羅伯:嗯,去圖書館怎么樣?
Li: Boring!
李:無聊!
Rob: We could go to the cinema?
羅伯:我們可以去電影院?
Li: Done that. I want to do something exciting. Hey, let's go to the fair!
李:去過了。我想做一點激動的事。嘿,我們去游樂場吧!
Rob: You mean the funfair with lots of people and all those big machines to ride on? They make me feel a bit sick. Could I take a rain check on that?
羅伯:你是指有很多人和那些用來騎的大型機械的游樂場?他們讓我感覺有點不舒服。我可以改天嘛?
Li:...it's OK Rob, it's not raining, we can still go.
李:沒關系的羅伯,外面沒有下雨,我們還可以去。
Rob: No Li - it's nothing to do with checking the rain - I mean, I don't want to accept your invitation of going to the fair.
羅伯:不是李,這和檢查是否下雨一點關系也沒有,我的意思是,我不想接受你去游樂場的邀請。
Li: Oh, you're not talking about the weather. So Rob, you never want to go to the fair with me, then?
李:哦,你不是在說天氣。那么羅伯,你永遠都不想和我去游樂場嗎?
Rob: Well, I might later. If I take a rain check on something, I won't do it immediately but I would like to do it at another time.
羅伯:我也許以后會。如果我把某事改期,我不會馬上去做但是我下次會做。
Li: Good. OK, here are some examples. We'll see if Rob is ready to go the fair after listening to these:
李:很好。好的,以下是一些例子。在聽過這些之后看看羅伯是否準備好去游樂場了。
If you don't mind, I'll take a rain check on the drinks tonight. Can we make next week?
如果你不介意,我改天再參加今晚的喝酒。我們可以改到下周嗎?
Man: I'm going to the cinema tonight, do you fancy joining me?
男:我今晚要去電影院,我愿意和我一起嗎?
Woman: Sorry, I'll have to take a rain check, I already have plans.
女:抱歉,我下次吧,我已經有約了。
We had to take a rain check on the trip to the beach because we'd already planned to go shopping, but we'll definitely go tomorrow.
我們的沙灘之旅要改期了因為我們已經計劃好購物了,但是我們明天一定會去的。
Li: So Rob, if you're taking a rain check now, when would you like to go?
李:那么,羅伯,如果你現在改期,那你什么時候去?
Rob: I think it's going to have to be tomorrow. Look, it really has started to rain now.
羅伯:我覺得怎么也得是明天。看,現在真的開始下雨了。
Li: Oh no.
李:哦不。
Rob: Well, there's still the library... the cinema...
羅伯:不過,還有圖書館,電影院...
Li: No.
李:不要。
Rob: OK, come on then, get your raincoat, we'll go to the fair.
羅伯:好吧,那么來吧,拿上你的雨衣,我們去游樂場。
Li: Oh great! You won't regret it Rob!
李:哦太棒了!你不會后悔的羅伯!
Li: You see, I said you wouldn't regret it. Isn't this rollercoaster great?
李:你看,我就說你不會后悔的。難道這個過山車不好嗎?
Rob: Oh... why didn't I take a rain check on this? Join us again soon for another The English We Speak.
羅伯:哦...我為什么沒有把這個改期?加入我們來獲取更多的我們所說的英語。
Both: Bye.
一起:再見。