Calling the American Embassy
打電話給美國大使館
Kathy uses a local telephone to call the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm. An embassy official answers the phone.
凱西在斯德哥爾摩打了一通電話給當地的美國大使館。一位大使館官員接電話。
E:U.S. Embassy in Stockholm. How may I help you?
官員:美國駐斯德哥爾摩大使館。有什么事需要我為你效勞的嗎?
K:Hello? My name is Kathy Mannings. I'm an American citizen. I think I've lost my passport.
凱西:哈啰?我叫凱西?曼寧斯。我是美國公民。我想我的護照遺失了。
E:That's a serious problem, young lady. Are you sure you've lost it?
官員:小姐,這是一個很嚴重的問題。你確定你護照遺失了嗎?
K:I'm afraid so. If I have lost it, what can I do?
凱西:恐怕是如此。如果我遺失護照,該怎么辦呢?
E:Please look very carefully for it. It will take a lot of paperwork and time to replace your passport.
官員:麻煩你再仔細找找看。換護照需要很多書面作業,同時也要花許多時間。
K:Believe me, we're looking high and low for it.
凱西:相信我,我們現在正在四處尋找。
E:If you can't find it, you'll have to come down to the embassy to the Passport Section.You'll have to fill out forms there and pay for a replacement.
官員:如果找不到的話,你得到大使館的護照科來。你得在那里填寫表格和繳交護照換發費。
K:I have your address, but I don't know your business hours.
凱西:我有你們的地址,但是我不知道你們上班的時間。
E:The Passport Section is open on weekdays from a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
官員:護照部門的上班時間是星期一至星期五早上九點到下午五點,星期六則從早上九點到中午。
K:Well, thanks a lot.
凱西:嗯,非常謝謝你。
E:You're welcome. And good luck!
官員:不客氣。也祝你好運!