Checking the Car
檢查車輛
Kathy and Evan are inside the customs building.
凱西和艾凡在海關大樓里面。
K:Gee, do you think there's any problem?
凱西:咦,你想有任何問題嗎?
E:I hope not! We're not doing anything wrong. She said our papers are in order, and we're not carrying any contraband. I guess she meant what she said. They're just doing a random search.
艾凡:希望沒有!我們沒有做錯任何事。她說我們的文件都沒問題,況且我們也沒有攜帶任何違禁品。我猜她說話算話,他們只是在做一項抽查而已。
K:I don't see anyone else's car being pulled over.
凱西:我沒有看到其它人的車子被攔下來。
E:Well, we'll find out soon enough. Hey, look, Kathy! There are two officers looking through our car.
艾凡:嗯,我們很快就會知道了。嘿,凱西,瞧!有兩名海關官員在檢查我們的車子。
K:Are they looking in our suitcases?
凱西:他們是不是在檢查我們的行李箱?
E:No, just the car. One is looking under the hood, and the other one is looking in the trunk.
艾凡:沒有,只檢查車子。一名海關官員檢查引擎罩下面,而另外一名官員則檢查后車箱。
K:Maybe they're searching for drugs. A lot of young people use drugs these days. We're from the States. Maybe they think we're drug dealers.
凱西:也許他們在搜查毒品。時下有許多年輕人嗑藥。我們是美國人。也許他們認為我們是毒販。
E:Do we look like drug dealers?
艾凡:我們看起來像是毒販嗎?
K:Who knows? Maybe they're just being careful. How long do you think they'll take?
凱西:誰知道呢?他們也許只是小心罷了。你認為他們會花多久的時間呢?
E:She said about 10 minutes. Oh, look! Now one of the officers is leaving. The other one is looking under the seats.
艾凡:她說大概十分鐘左右。哦,瞧!有一名官員現在走開了。另外那個在檢查車椅下面。
K:Gee, this is kind of scary.
凱西:天啊,這真有點嚇人。
E:We didn't do anything wrong, so we have nothing to fear.
艾凡:我們沒有做錯任何事,所以沒有什么好怕的。
K:Yeah, you're right. Denmark is a civilized country. We have nothing to fear.
凱西:是啊,你說的對。丹麥是一個文明國家。我們沒有什么好怕的。