Negotiation about inspection 檢驗商議 A: Good morning, Mr. Black, I'm here to talk about the inspection of the goods.
早上好,布萊克先生。我來是想討論一下商品檢驗的問題。
B: Great, that's what I have in mind.
太好了,我也正想和你們商量一下這事兒呢。
A: Firstly we want to confirm something.
首先我們想確認一些事情。
B: Go ahead.
好的,什么事情?
A: How would the goods be inspected?
商品是如何檢驗的?
B: Well, according to the international practice, you should inspect the goods before shipping and we have the right to reinspect on arrival.
嗯,根據國際慣例,你方負責貨物裝船前的檢驗,而我方負責貨物抵達后的復檢。
A: Who will take charge of the inspection fee?
那么誰來負責檢驗費呢?
B: According to the international practice, the exporter should pay the inspection fee.
根據國際慣例,檢驗費有出口一方負責。
A: We agree but we demand that we find an organization we both trust to inspect the commodities.
我們同意,但是我們要求貨物由我們雙方都信任的機構進行檢驗。
B: That's fine for us.
這點沒問題。
A: If there is any discrepancy when you reinspect our goods, could you please inform us in 10 days?
再復檢過程中如果發現什么問題,請在十天之內通知我們。
B: We will, for sure.
一定。
“on arrival”在這里的意思是“as soon as it arrives”,例如:The illegal commodities will be detained by the police on arrival. (非法貨物一到港口就會被警方扣留。)