Register a trademark 注冊商標 A: Hi, Lily. How are you doing?
嗨,麗麗。最近怎么樣?
B: Great. I'd like to have the trademark of my new product registered. But I am not clear about the procedures.
很好。我想給我的新產品注冊商標,但具體程序不是很清楚。
A: It's not complicated.
那不復雜。
B: Is there a time limit for trademarks?
那商標有年限嗎?
A: Yes, by law the trademark should be renewed in one year's time.
當然有,據法律規定,商標每一年要更新一次。
B: Does that mean the protection is limited to one year?
那就是說商標有效期為一年嗎?
A: Exactly. It must be renewed every year. Our county follows the priority of use principle.
沒錯,每隔一年必須更新。我國實行先使用,先擁有的原則。
B: What should I prepare for the register?
申請注冊商標需要準備什么?
A: Some relative documents and the fee.
一些相關材料和費用。
B: I see. Thank you for your explanation.
我明白了,謝謝你的解釋。
A: You are welcome.
不客氣。
1. “follow the priority of use principle”意思是“遵循使用優先權原則”,其中“follow”是“遵循”的意思,“priority”是“優先權”的意思;
2. “be clear about”是“清楚某事”的意思。例如:Are you clear about this? (這件事你清楚了嗎?)