First, I would look at the statement: "Personal computers were first invented in 1990." I would underline keywords.
首先,我會看看陳述句:"Personal computers were first invented in 1990." (私人計算機首次被發明出來是在1990年),劃出關鍵詞。
So we're looking at "personal computers"; we're looking at when they were "invented"; and we're looking at a year.
我們要尋找的信息是: "personal computers",它們被發明的時間以及年份。
Okay. So I might try to think of different words for "invented" in my head quickly: "created", "manufactured" -- maybe not true synonyms, but similar -- and "1990".
現在我要試著飛快地在腦子里想出幾個跟"invented"同義的單詞:"created", "manufactured",它們也許不是真正的同義詞,但是意義相近,還有"1990"。
So then, I would do my scan looking for the keywords quickly.
接下來,我會開始掃視,快速地在文章中尋找這些關鍵詞。
"Invented", something that looks like "invented". Okay, "personal computer", "invented" -- same word, that's easy -- "1970s".
"Invented",看上去很像,確實是"Invented","personal computer", "invented",這些都是一模一樣的單詞,很簡單,還有...... "1970s"。
Now, I look to see if there's a match. I read this carefully, and I compare.
現在我要看看它們是否一致,仔細閱讀然后比較。
"The first personal computer was invented in the 1970s."
"The first personal computer was invented in the 1970s."(第一臺個人計算機是在二十世紀七十年代發明的)。
"Personal computers were first invented in 1990." "1990", "1970s", this statement is "false".
"Personal computers were first invented in 1990." (私人計算機首次被發明出來是在1990年),"1990", "1970s",所以這個陳述句是“錯誤”的。
So it says the opposite, okay? So now, let's look at the hardest choice, "not given".
它描述的內容和文章是相反的。現在我們再來看看最難的選擇——“文章中沒有提到”。
Okay, so now, let's look at "not given" or "NG".
現在我們來講一講“文章中沒有提到”或者"NG"。
This is, I think, why many people have a very difficult time on this part of the test.
我想這正是很多人在做試卷的這一部分時覺得很困難的原因。
Usually, "truth" isn't so difficult -- finding things that are true.
通常,“真相”并不難找,想找到正確的句子并不難。
But the difference between "false" and "not given" can really confuse a lot of people.
但是“錯誤”和“文章中沒有提到”之間的區別真的能難倒很多人。
So let's look at what they mean by "not given".
所以我們來看看“文章中沒有提到”是什么意思。
Okay, so you write "not given" if the fact is not written in the text.
當文章中沒有給出這個陳述句的內容時,你們就可以判斷它為“文章中沒有提到”的。
Okay, so if it's not there -- if it was written, it would be "true", so it's not "true".
所以,如果它不在文章中......如果文章中有這個內容,它就是“正確”的,所以,它不是“正確”的。
And also, you do not see the total opposite of the fact written.
同時,你們在文章中也沒有看到與這個陳述句完全相反的內容。
If you see the total opposite, it's "false". But if it's neither "true" nor "false", it's "not given".
如果你們在文章中看到完全相反的內容,那它就是“錯誤”的,但是如果它既不是“正確”的,也不是“錯誤”的,那它就是“文章中沒有提到”的。
All right? So let's look at an example to see what I mean by this. Let me switch sides. Okay.
知道了嗎?那我們來看一個例子,看看我說的究竟是什么意思。我換個邊。