critic-curative A culinary conversation
烹飪對話
"This dish also has curative properties!"
"這道菜也有醫療作用!
Said the renowned culinary expert, Dr.Jane Woolwin,
著名烹飪專家 簡·伍爾文博士說,
"It is the crowning achievement of my recent cruise through the Hawaiian Islands."
"這是我最近漫游夏威 夷群島的最高成就!"
"Mmmm.It's fabulous. Now it's critical that you give me the recipe."
"嗯,太棒了.關鍵是 你把食譜給我."
Said the food critic evaluating the meal.
正在給菜打分的食品 評論家說.
"No sir.
"不,先生,
I know you're on a crusade to expose the secrets of fine cuisine.
我知道你正在參加一項 揭示美食烹飪秘密的運 動,
And you're quite cunning.
你太狡猾了.
But this recipe is staying in my head.
但這個食譜在我腦子里
You are one culprit who I know I can't trust.
我知道你是個惹事生非 的人,我可不能相信你
Oh,and don't forget to add this spice cube to the soup."
哦,別忘了把這個香料 塊放進湯里."
Replied Dr.Woolwin with a smile.
伍爾文博士笑著說.
"But I have worked so hard on cultivating our relationship!
"可是我一直很努力培 養我們之間的關系呀!
Can't you tell me what it is here?
你就不能告訴我這是 什么東西嗎?
I thought we were at a crossroads and beyond all that worry about secrets,
我想我們正處于一個十 字路口,不用擔心什么 秘密啊、
reports and all of that!Don't be so cumbersome!"
報道啊之類的, 別這么麻煩!"
"Well I'm beyond those reports.
"噢,我可不擔心那 些報道.
But I looked in my crystal ball yesterday and you are not!"
可我昨天看了看我的水 晶球,你可不是這么回 事!"
"Okay,okay.But this crust is wonderful.
"好吧,好吧.這層皮 可真棒,
And I like your beautiful crockery, Where did you pick this up?"
我喜歡你那漂亮的陶器 從哪兒搞來的?"
"In the Hawaiian Islands,like I just said.
"夏威夷群島,正如我 剛才所說.
But my trip culminated on Oahu Island,
但我的旅行在瓦胡島 達到高潮,
so maybe you can go there
你可以去那兒
if it is so crucial that you have the same crockery.
如果擁有同樣的陶器 對你是那么重要的話.
"Fine.I'll take your cue and visit Hawaii.
"很好,我會接受你的 提示去夏威夷.
Thanks again anyhow for the good food.
無論如何我要再次謝謝 你的美食.
I'll be sure to write a favorable report about your cooking."
我一定會就你的烹調寫 一篇對你有利的報道.
Said the critic as he began to leave.
食評家準備離開時說.
"See,I said you were still reporting."
"瞧,我說過你還是 在寫報道."
"I never disagreed, my darling.I never disagreed."
"我沒有持過反對意見, 親愛的.我可從沒持過 反對意見."