I've never liked acting.Are you doing anything else?
我從不喜歡表演,你還做別的事情嗎?
I enjoyed singing when I was at school,so I joined a group when I came to college.
我在學校的時候還喜歡唱歌,所以我到大學后參加了一個團體。
I don't think the conductor stretches us enough,though so I'll give up after the next concert.
我認為管理者不能充分發揮我們的才能,所以我將在下一個音樂會后退出。
And I also joined the debating society.
我還加入了辯論社。
It's fun, but with all the rehearsing I'm doing,something has to go,and I'm afraid that's the one.
很有意思,但現在我有許多排練,不得不舍棄個別活動,恐怕就是它了。
Do you do any sports? Yes,I'm in one of the hockey teams.
你做運動嗎?是的,我加入了其中一個曲棍球隊。
Not very good,but I'd really miss it if I stopped.
我打得不太好,但如果不參加了我會非常想念它。
I decided to try tennis when I came to college, and I'm finding it pretty tough going.
剛上大學時我決定嘗試打網球,但后來發現太難了,
I'm simply not fit enough.
我根本沒法適應。
Nor me.I think I'll give that a miss!
我也是,我想我不會參加!
I'm hoping it'll help me to build up my stamina,but it'll probably be a long haul.
我希望它能幫我增強耐力,但是這可能是一個長期的過程。
Good luck. Thanks. How are you finding the course?
祝你好運。謝謝。你覺得課程怎么樣?
I wish we had more seminars.
我希望我們能多一些研討會。
What?I'd have thought we had more than enough already.
什么?我認為我們已經夠多了。
All those people saying clever things that I could never think of - it's quite interesting,but I wonder if I'm clever enough to be doing this course.他們說一些我從沒想過的聰明點子,很有趣,但是我想知道我是否足夠聰明能應付這門課。
I find it helpful to listen to the other people.
我覺得聆聽他人很有幫助。
I like the way we're exploring the subject,and working towards getting insight into it.
我喜歡我們對研究題目進行探索的方式,不斷努力獲得更深刻的理解。
How do you get on with your tutor?
你和你的導師相處得怎么樣?
I don't think I'm on the same wavelength as mine, so I feel I'm not getting anything out of the tutorials.
我認為我和我的導師不合拍,所以我感覺我沒有從課堂上學到任何東西,
It would be more productive to read a book instead.
還不如看書更有用。
Oh,mine's very demanding.She gives me lots of feedback and advice, so I've got much better at writing essays.
我的導師要求很高。她給我很多反饋和建議,所以我在論文寫作方面有了很大提高。
And she's helping me plan my revision for the end-of-year exams.
她還幫我計劃年底的考試復習。
Do tell me,I always struggle with revision.
告訴我吧,我總是不會復習。