Hello, West Bay Hotel. Can I help you?
你好,西海灣酒店。我能幫你做什么?
Oh,good morning.I'm ringing about your advertisement in the Evening Gazette.
早上好,我打電話是為了你們在《Evening Gazette》上登的廣告。
Is that the one for temporary staff? That's right.
招臨時工的那個嗎?是的。
Yes.I'm afraid the person who's dealing with that isn't in today, but I can give you the main details ifyou like.
好的,恐怕負責人今天不在,但是如果你樂意,我可以為你介紹一些主要的內容。
Yes please.Could you tell me what kind of staff you are looking for?
好的,你能告訴我你們在招哪種員工嗎?
We're looking for waiters at the moment.
我們現在正在招服務生。
There was one post for a cook,but that's already been taken.
有一個廚師的崗位,不過已經有人了。
Oh right.Erm,what are the hours of work?
好的。工作時間是什么?
There are two different shifts - there's a day shift from 7 to 2 and a late shift from 4 till 11.
有兩種不同的班,早班是7點到兩點,晚班是4點到11點。
And can people choose which one they want to do?
員工可以選擇自己想上哪一種嗎?
Not normally,because everyone would choose the day shift I suppose.You alternate from one week to another.
通常不能,因為我認為每個人都想選擇早班。每周輪換一次。
Okay.I'm just writing all this down.What about time off?
好的。我把這些都記下來了。關于休息日呢?
You get one day off and I think you can negotiate which one you want.
你有一天的休息,我認為你可以協商選哪天休。
it's more or less up to you but it has to be the same one every week.
這或多或少取決于你,但是必須每周都是同一天。
Do you know what the rates of pay are?
你知道薪水是多少嗎?
Yes,I've got them here.You get £5.50 an hour,and that includes a break.
是的,我這里有。每小時5.50英鎊,包括一個短暫的休息時間。
Do I have to go home to eat or... You don't have to.
我得回家吃飯還是……你不必。
You can get a meal in the hotel if you want to,and there's no charge for it so you might as well.
如果你愿意,你不妨在酒店吃一頓飯,而且是免費的。
Oh good.Yes,so let's see.I'd get er,two hundred and twenty one,no,two hundred and thirty one pounds a week?
很好。是的,讓我看看。我一周能得到221,不,231英鎊?
You'd also get tips - our guests tend to be quite generous.
你還能收到小費,我們的客人通常很大方。