"Are you working right now?
你現在有工作嗎?
No, I've just been laid off.
沒有,我剛剛失業了。
Oh, I am sorry. What was your job?
哦,真抱歉,那你以前的工作是什么?
I was a manager for an import and export company.
我以前是一家進出口公司的經理。
I see. Was it an office job or were you on your feet all day?
明白了。那是一份辦公室工作還是你需要站一整天的工作呢?
I worked behind a desk.
是辦公室工作。
Was it managerial – did you have a lot of responsibility?
它是管理性質的嗎—意思是你要承擔很多責任嗎?
Yes, I was in charge of a large department.
是的,我負責一個很大的部門。
I see, quite stressful. Now tell me, do you smoke?
明白了,工作很緊張啊。現在說說,你抽煙嗎?
Yes, unfortunately, quite a bit.
是的,而且不幸的是,抽的很多。
Oh, really, how much?
哦,是嗎,抽多少?
Oh, about two packs a day.
大概一天兩包吧。
How long have you been smoking?
你抽煙有多久了?
Since I was about 14.
大概14歲的時候就開始抽了。
Have you ever tried to quit smoking?
以前嘗試過戒煙嗎?
Yes, I've tried to give it up several times, but without success.
是的,嘗試戒過幾次,但是失敗了。
What about drinking? Do you drink?
那你喝酒嗎
Yes, sometimes with my friends.
有時跟朋友喝點。
How much alcohol do you drink a day?
那你一天喝多少酒?
Let's see… A couple of glasses of beer at lunch time, a whisky in the evening and about half a bottle of wine with my dinner.
我想想……午餐的時候喝幾杯啤酒,晚上喝一杯威士,吃晚飯的時候再喝大約半瓶葡萄酒
That's quite a bit. How old were you when you started drinking?
喝的挺多啊。你剛開始喝酒的時候多大?
Oh, about 17 or 18, I suppose.
嗯,大概17或18歲吧。
WWhat about your living conditions? Where do you live?
你的住宿條件怎么樣?你住哪?
We live in a small flat. It's our own but we are still paying the mortgage on it, of course.",
我們住在一個小公寓里。公寓是我們的,但是,當然,我們仍在付住房的抵押貸款。