—The cool air is not cold enough. Please make it colder. 冷氣不足,請開大點兒。
—It seems to me that there is no cool air in the room. Will you please examine it? 房間里好象沒有冷氣,請檢查一下。
—Sorry, there is no automatic air—condition equipment in the room. 對不起,房間里沒有自控調節設備。
—The weather becomes cold suddenly. The room is not warm enough. I'd like to borrow an electrical stove for heating. 天氣突然轉冷,室內溫度不夠,我想借一只電爐取暖。
—Well, I'll send it right away. 好,我馬上就給你送來。
—I'm going out for a walk. If anyone comes to see me, please ask him to leave a message. 我出去散散步,如果有人來找我,你請他留個條子。
—I'm leaving now and I shall be back soon. If somebody asks for me, please tell him (her)that I shall be back after 10 a clock. 我現在出去,很快就回來。如果有人找我,請告訴他(她),我將在十點后回來。
—All right. 好的。
—Is Mr.Jack from Canada in? 加拿大的杰克先生嗎?
—He has just gone out. 他剛剛出去。
—When will he be back? 他什么時候回來?
—He won't be back until dinner. 飯前回不來。
—Are there any message for me? 有口信留給我嗎?
—Did anyone call me when I was out? 在我外出時曾有人打電話給我嗎?
—Did anyone come to see me? 有誰來找我嗎?
—Yes. He left a message for you. There was also a telephone call from a lady. She asks you to ring her up this evening. 有。他給你留下一個條子。還有一個女的來電話找你,叫你今晚去電話。
—Someone is here to see you. Shall I send him up to your room? 有人來找你,我讓他去你房間好嗎?
—Yes, please. 好的,勞駕。
—Please make me up at 5. 請在五點叫醒我。
—Yes, sir. 好的,先生。
(The attendant hears the bell ring at midnight.) (服務員半夜聽到鈴聲)
—Anything I can do for you, sir? 先生,有什么事嗎?
—Nothing. 沒有事。
—But you rang for me. 可你打鈴了。
—Sorry, I unconsciously touched the button when I turned off the light. 對不起,我關燈時碰了鈴牌。
—Open the door, please. I want to turn off the bell check because the switch is in your room.請你開開門,我把鈴牌關掉,因為開關在你房間里。