—Did you ring, madam? 是你按鈴嗎,太太?
—Yes. Kindly turn off the air—conditioner in this room. I've tried to do so, but I can't. 是的,麻煩你把這屋的空調器關掉。我自己已經試過了,可我關不動。
—Yes, madam. There's something wrong with the switch; perhaps it needs repairing. 好的,太太。這個開關有點毛病,大概需要修理一下了。
—What can I do for you, sir? 先生,你有什么事要我辦嗎?
—The light has fused. Please change the bulb for me. 電燈泡壞了,請換一個。
—The light of this room is dim, please get me a brighter one. 房間里燈光太暗,可否調一只亮燈泡?
—There is no water in the bottle. 熱水瓶沒水了。
—The tea cup is dirty. Please get some glasses for me. 茶杯臟了,請拿幾只玻璃杯來。
—Please bring me some ice blocks. 請拿些冰塊來。
—I've got some coffee. Please get me some cube sugar. 我自己有咖啡,請拿幾塊方糖來。
—I should like you to bring me some hot water. 我想請你給我送些熱水來。
—Please buy tow packets of Zhonghua cigarettes (filter tipped)and a box of match for me. 我要兩包帶過濾嘴的"中華"香煙和一盒火柴。
—Please get me some envelopes and writing—paper. 請拿些信封信紙來。
—I want a bottle of red ink. 我要一瓶紅墨水。
—The floor of the bathroom is too wet. Please clean (mop) it. 浴室地板太濕了,請清掃一下。
—I want to turn on that light. Where is the switch? 我想開亮那盞燈,請問開關在哪里?
—There it is, beside the wardrobe. 在那兒,衣柜旁邊。
—I can't sleep well because the tap is dripping. 龍頭漏水,吵得我睡不好覺。
—There is no water in the water closet. Would you please have it repaired? 馬桶無水,請修理一下。
—The telephone is out of order. 電話機壞了。
—There is something wrong with the TV set. 電視機出了故障。
—The wash—basin is clogged. 洗臉池堵塞了。
—The lamp plug is broken. Can you get it fixed? 電燈插頭壞了,你會修理嗎?
—Well, I'll send for someone to repair it. 好,我馬上派人來檢修。
—Would you please polish my leather shoes? 請把這雙皮鞋擦擦。
—Put your shoes in front of the door, please. We'll brush them for you. 請你晚上把它放在門口,我們會替你擦的。
—Please bring me one portion of toast with fried eggs and a glass of milk. 請送一份烤面包、煎蛋和一杯牛奶。
—Please send up two coffee and four sandwiches. By the way, you might have my things sent up here. 請送兩杯咖啡和四份三明治來。順便說一聲,請把我的東西搬到這兒來。
—It's my wife's birthday today. I would like to order a cake, two bottles of champagne and some candles. 今天是我夫人的生日,我想訂一只蛋糕、兩瓶香檳,還要一些蠟燭。
—The different sizes of the cake are 7 inches,9 inches and 11 inches. Which size do you prefer?蛋糕有七寸、九寸、十一寸的,你要訂多大?
—I want the 9—inch one. 我要九寸的。
—When shall I send it to your room? 什么時候送到房間里?
—Three guests are coming here at five this afternoon. Please get some more chairs. 下午五時有三位朋友來做客,請多準備幾把椅子。
—All right. 好。
—The room is too hot. Is there any air—conditioning in this hotel? 房里太熱,飯店有空調設備嗎?
—Yes. It was set up last year. 有,是去年安裝的。
—Why isn't cool air turned on in such a hot day? I can't stand the heat. 那在這樣熱的天氣里為什么不開放冷氣呢?我熱得受不了。
—I'm very sorry not to have taken care of you well. I will turn on the air—conditioning for you at once. 對不起,我們對您照顧得不好。我馬上替您把空調機打開。
—The room is very hot, and besides there are some mosquitoes. Can you do anything to it? 房間里很熱,還有蚊子,請想想辦法。
—I'll light a mosquito incense for you. 我給你點一盤蚊香。
—I'll spray insecticide and refreshing oil. 我來噴點藥水和清涼劑。
—There are some cock—roaches in the room. Please wipe them out. 房間里有蟑螂,請把它除掉。
—I'm sorry. Our management is not so good. I'll wipe them for you right away. 對不起,我們管理得不好,我馬上替你把蟑螂除掉。
—How does this shower work? 淋浴裝置好用嗎?
—Where's the plug for a shaver? 刮臉刀用的電源插頭在哪里?
—What's the voltage? 電壓量多少?
—The cool air is too cold. I feel rather cold. Please turn it off a little bit. 冷氣太足,我覺得冷,請關小點兒。