Hey, John. Can I talk to you for a minute?
嗨,約翰。我能和你談一下嗎?
Sure, what’s up?
當然,什么事?
I wanted to let you know about a book club I joined a few months ago. I know you do a lot of reading, so I thought you might want to come with me next month.
我想告訴你,幾個月前我加入了一個讀書俱樂部。我知道你經常看書,所以我覺得你下個月可能會想跟我一起去。
Oh, that sounds like fun. When does the group meet?
哦,聽起來很有趣。什么時候組織見面會?
Usually the last Saturday of the month at 7:30 in the evening. Is that too late for you?
通常在每月的最后一個周六的晚上7:30。對你來說會不會太晚?
No, I think that’s okay. What do you talk about in the group?
不晚,沒有問題。你們在小組里交流什么?
Well, every month we choose a new book. And then during the next meeting, we discuss it.
每個月我們都會選一本新書。然后在下次會議上,我們再討論。
What books have you read?
你們都讀什么書?
Quite a lot. Recently we have read The Beautiful Mind and The Great Gatsby. Now we are reading The Kite Runner.
很多書。最近我們讀了《美麗心靈》和《了不起的蓋茨比》。現在我們在讀《追風箏的人》。
The Kite Runner ? I’ve heard that’s a good book. What’s it about?
《追風箏的人》?聽說這是一本好書。這本書講得是什么內容?
It’s about a boy who grows up in Afghanistan during the 1980s.
這本書講述了一個20世紀80年代在阿富汗長大的男孩的故事。
That sounds interesting. I’d love to come.
聽起來很有趣。我很愿意加入你們。
Great! The next meeting will be held in two weeks, so you still have time to read the book.
太棒了!下次讀書會將在兩周后舉辦,所以你還有時間閱讀這本書。