The invisible bench
看不見的長椅
Characters: Five students
人物:五名學生
Setting: A park
場景:一個公園
Really, what this courtyard needs is a bench. Maybe here? ('sits' as if there is a bench)
說真的,這個庭院里就需要一把長椅。要不放這兒?(坐下,仿佛這有把長椅)
No. (gets up, walks to the other side of the stage. Tony enters, but Mike does not notice)
不行。(起身,走向舞臺的另一邊。托尼走過來,但邁克沒有注意到)
Maybe here? ('sits' again) Yes, I think maybe here.
要不放這兒?(再次坐下)嗯,我覺得也許應該放這兒。
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
I'm sitting on an invisible bench, of course.
我當然是坐在一把看不見的長椅上。
Can I join you? Of course. (moves over as if to make room for Tony)
我能加入嗎?當然。(挪動位置,好象在為托尼留空間)
Ah, it's rather nice here, isn't it?
啊,這是相當漂亮,是吧?
Indeed.
確實。
Both 'sit' for a while, reading their textbooks.
兩個人都坐了一會兒,然后看書。
Cathy enters.
卡西進來了。
What is going on here?
這里是怎么了?
We're sitting on an invisible bench.
我們坐在一把看不見的長椅上。
You should join us. It's nice and cosy.
你應該加入我們。這里美麗又舒適。
Okay. Thanks for the invitation. (Mike and Tony move over. Cathy 'sits' down alongside them)
好啊。謝謝邀請。(邁克和托尼挪動位置。卡西坐在他們旁邊)
Wow, it's quite comfortable!
喔,非常舒服!
Paula enters.
波拉進來了。
Sitting on an invisible bench, are you?
你們坐在一把看不見的長椅上,是嗎?
Yes, how did you know?
對。你怎么知道?
I was doing the same thing myself, just yesterday. Mind if I sit down?
就在昨天我自己還做了同樣的事情。我坐這兒你們不介意吧?
Mike looks annoyed.
邁克看起來有點生氣。
Not at all. Please do!
不介意。請坐吧!
All make room. Mike stands up and wanders over to the middle of the stage and 'sits' down.
所有人都挪出空間。邁克站起來,慢慢走到舞臺中央,“坐”下來。
Ann enters, looks at Mike.
安進來了,看著邁克。
You look like you are sitting on an invisible bench.
你看起來像是坐在一把看不見的長椅上。
Yes, I am.
是的,我是。
What are they doing over there?
他們在那邊做什么?
We're sitting on an invisible bench too!
我們也坐在一把看不見的長椅上!
No, you're not.
不,你們不是。
We're not?
我們不是?
No. I must have forgotten to tell you. (smiles) It got too crowded, so I moved the bench.
不是。我一定是忘了告訴你們。(笑)那里太擁擠了,所以我移了長椅。
Entire group (Tony, Paula and Cathy) fall down.
一群人(托尼,波拉和卡西)摔倒在地。
The End
結束