Lesson 4 Sea Stories
第四課 海洋故事
About three years ago, something terrible happened to me.
大約3年前,我身上發生了一些可怕的事。
Those six hours of terror have broken my body and soul.
那可怕的六個小時,擊垮了我的身體和心靈。
You think I am a very old man - but I am not.
你以為我是一個年紀很大的人—但我不是。
It took less than a single day to change my hair from black to white.
我幾乎一夜白頭。
One day, my two brothers and I were coming back from the islands, our boat full of fish.
一天,我和兩個兄弟從島上回來,船上裝滿了魚。
All at once, the sky was covered with dark clouds and in less than a minute we were in a terrible storm.
突然,天空被烏云籠罩,剎那間,我們就卷入了可怕的暴風雨中。
An enormous wave covered our boat and my younger brother fell into the sea.
一個巨浪拍在我們的船上,而我弟弟掉進海里。
Our boat survived, and I was trying to recover when my elder brother put his mouth close to my ear,
我們的船幸免于難,我在設法修船,哥哥把嘴附到我耳邊,
and screamed out the terrifying word “Whirlpool!”
大聲尖叫著可怕的字—“漩渦!”
With the wind and waves we were going in the direction of the whirlpool, and nothing could save us!
在風浪的作用下,我們正朝著漩渦的方向靠近,誰也救不了我們!
It may seem strange, but at that moment, when we were on the edge of the whirlpool,
那看起來可能很奇怪,但我們在漩渦邊上的瞬間,
I felt calmer than when we were moving towards it.
我感覺比我們朝它移動的時候鎮定。
We went round and round, nearer and nearer to the horrible edge of the whirlpool.
我們旋轉著,越來越靠近可怕的漩渦邊緣。