Yes, very interesting.
是的,很有意思。
Now perhaps, sir, if you pay your bill, I can help the other customers. (looking at the clock on the wall again)
如果你現在能付賬的話,我就可以去照顧別的顧客了。
Well, I see it's two o'clock. (he opens the envelope and holds a million pound bank note in his hands. Henry is surprised but the owner and waiter are shocked)
(又望著墻上的掛鐘)好了,我看兩點鐘到了。(他把信封拆開,那車一張百萬英鎊的鈔票。亨利感到吃驚,店主和服務員驚呆了)
I'm very sorry. But...I...I don't have anything smaller. (still shocked and nervous)
很抱歉,我……我……我沒有小一點兒的鈔票。
Well. . er...just one moment.
(還在發呆,而且有點兒緊張)好……嗯……等一會兒。
Maggie, look! (the hostess screams, the other customers look at her and she puts a hand to her mouth)
瑪吉,來瞧瞧!(女老板尖叫起來,其他顧客都望著她,于是,她用手捂住了嘴巴)
Do you think it's genuine?
你看這張鈔票是真的嗎?
Oh, dear, I don't know. I simply don't know.
天哪,我不知道。我真不知道。
Well, I did hear that the Bank of England had issued two notes in this amount...
嗯,我確實聽說過英格蘭銀行發行了兩張這樣面值的鈔票……
Anyway, I don't think it can be a fake.
不管怎樣,我覺得這不可能是假鈔。
People would pay too much attention to a bank note of this amount.
這么大面值的鈔票會特別引人注意的。
No thief would want that to happen.
小偷可不想引起別人的注意。
But he's in rags!
但是他穿得破破爛爛的!
Perhaps he's a very strange, rich man. (as if he has discovered something for the first time)
也許他是一個非常怪異而富有的人。
Why, yes! That must be it!
(如夢初醒似的)啊,對了,一定是這樣的。
(hits her husband's arm) And you put him in the back of the restaurant!
(在她丈夫的手臂上打了一下)是你把他帶到餐廳后面去的,
Go and see him at once.
還不馬上去看看他。
(to Henry) I'm so sorry, sir, so sorry, but I cannot change this bank note.
(對亨利)先生,對不起,非常對不起,這張鈔票我們找不開。
But it's all I have on me.
而我身上就只帶了這張鈔票。
Oh, please, don't worry, sir. Doesn't matter at all.
哎呀,先生,請別著急,一點兒也沒關系。
We're so very glad that you even entered our little eating place. Indeed, sir, I hope you'll come here whenever you like.
我們非常高興你能走進我們這家小吃店。先生,真的,我希望您隨時光臨。
Well, that's very kind of you.
這,你太好了。
Kind, sir? No, it's kind of you.
我太好了?不,先生,是您太好了。
You must come whenever you want and have whatever you like.
您什么時候想來就來,想吃什么就吃什么。
Just having you sit here is a great honour!
您就是在這兒坐一下也是我們莫大的榮幸!
As for the bill, sir, please forget it.
至于說賬單嘛,先生,請把它忘了吧。
Forget it? Well...thank you very much. That's very nice of you.
忘了它?喔……那就太謝謝了。你太好了。
Oh, it's for us to thank you, sir and I do, sir, from the bottom of my heart. (The owner, hostess and waiter all bow as Henry leaves. )
啊,先生,該是我們謝謝您呢。先生,我從心底里感謝您。(當亨利離開的時候,店主、女老板和服務員都一齊向他鞠躬)