Mount Kilimanjaro is the tallest mountain in Africa.
乞力馬扎羅山是非洲最高的山。
Climbing it is no small task, especially for a group of seven who are all disabled in some way.
登上這座山不是個簡單的任務,特別是對于一個由七個殘疾人士組成的團體來說。
Here we have one of the climbers Mike to share his experience.
今天我們請到了其中一位登山者邁克來分享他的經歷。
How do you feel about the climb, Mike?
邁克,對于這次登山你有什么感受?
It was a lot more difficult than we had expected, but we persevered and made it.
比我們預想的困難得多,但是我們堅持下來了,并且成功登頂。
Why did you choose to conquer such a height?
為什么你們要挑戰這樣的高度?
We regarded this as a chance to prove the human spirit.
我們把它當成一個證明人類精神的機會。
Really a tough journey.
真的是一個很艱難的旅程。
What did you do in time of difficulty?
遇到困難的時候你們怎么辦?
We turned to each other for inspiration as we continued on the way to the peak.
在繼續攀登頂峰的過程中,我們互相加油鼓勁。
So did you keep a record of the adventure?
那么,你們有記錄下來這次冒險嗎?
Yes, we kept a diary of our troubles online.
嗯,我們在網上記錄我們遇到的困難。
How long did the adventure last?
這次冒險花了多長時間?
Thirty days and we reached the top on June 5th.
總共30天,我們在6月5日登頂。
Getting to the top was definitely the high point. Thank you, Mike.
登上頂峰絕對是最重要的時刻。謝謝你,邁克。