n. 決定,決策
您現在的位置: 首頁 > 高中英語 > 高中聽力 > 高中英語人教版全三冊 > 高中英語人教版第一冊聽力 > 正文

掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練
Unit 17 Great women Reading
17單元 著名的婦女 閱讀
ALONE IN ANTARCTICA
孤身闖南極
At 50,I was the first woman to travel alone to the North Pole.
我在50歲的時候成了獨自一人去北極旅行的第一位婦女。
But what should I do to celebrate my sixtieth birthday?
可是,我應該做些什么來慶祝自己60歲的生日呢?
What else,but a journey at the opposite end of the world,Antarctica.
沒有別的慶祝方式,只有去地球的另一端南極洲。
I began my almost400-mile journey on November 1st,1997.
1997年11月1日,我開始了將近200英里的旅行。
I walked and skied alone.My dog team were not with me to pull my sled.
我一個人步行,一個人滑雪。我的狗群沒有跟我在一起為我拉雪撬。
Another journey of challenge and danger was about to begin.
另一個具有挑戰性而且危險的旅程要開始了。
The first days the weather was very good.
起初的那幾天天氣很好。
The wind was icy but not very strong
雖然冷風刺骨,但風力不大,
and there was bright sunshine 24 hours a day.
而且一天24小時陽光明媚,
But changes were just around the corner.
但是變化悄然而至。
On the third day I was struggling through stormy weather
第三天,我與暴風雪天氣奮戰了一天,
and during the next week the wind grew stronger
接下來的一周里,暴風雪更猛烈了,
and I found myself spending a whole day in my tent.
我只好在帳篷里呆了一整天。
I had travelled only two hours one day
一天我剛行進了兩個小時,
when the winds increased so much
狂風就驟然加大
that I had to put my tent up before the winds became too strong.
我只好支起帳篷,以防風太大無法支持下去。
Within a few minutes the winds increased to a howling storm
幾分鐘內,風便狂吼起來
that threatened to blow me and my tent away,but none of that happened.
像是要把我的帳篷一并掀翻。但什么也沒有發生
On November twelfth the storm died down.
12月12日,風暴漸漸退去
It was my birthday and I wanted to make that day special.
那是我的生日,我想讓它過得特別一些。
I thawed a frozen cake over my fire,placed a candle on the top,
我在火爐上把一塊冰凍的蛋糕融解,在頂上插了一根蠟燭,
lit it,and sang"happy birthday to me" at the top of my voice.
點燃它,扯起嗓子唱起了"祝我生日快樂"。
A few days later,I was moving forward over a slope that seemed safe
幾天以后,我滑過一個看似安全的斜面坡
when suddenly,without warning,my world dropped out from under my skis.
結果毫無警告,我雪橇下的大地突然不見了。
I had fallen into a hole and was hanging on the ropes tied to the sled.
我掉到一個大坑里,掛在了系在雪撬上的繩子上。
A piece of ice fell down and I never heard it land.
一個冰塊掉下去,我一直也沒有聽到它落地的聲音。
The bottom was a few hundred feet below.
坑底離地面有幾百英尺深。
I used to practise self-rescue many times in the mountains where I live
在我居住的山上,我曾無數次地練過自救,這時我
and carefully began climbing out.
小心翼翼地往上爬。
It took a long time but I finally got out.
花了我很長的時間,我終于爬了出來。
I was thankful for all the training I had had.
我真感謝我接受過的所有訓練。
I was in good health and all of my equipment was working well.
我身體良好,而且我的所有的設備運轉正常。
I was so optimistic that I decided that the next day,
我如此樂觀,以至我決定第二天,
the 22nd day of the expedition,I would increase my workday to 12 hours.
也就是這次遠征的第22天,我要把每天的工作量增加到12小時。
The next morning I had a bad accident with the sled and hurt my leg.
第二天早晨我在雪撬上出了一次嚴重事故,摔傷了自己的腿。
I couldn't stand on my left leg and my head was woozy from hitting the ground
我的左腿不能站立,由于與地面碰撞,頭暈目眩。
But I knew that I had to get up.Lying on the ice,I would soon die.
但我知道,我必須站起來如果我一直躺在冰天雪地里,我很快會凍死的。
I struggled to my knees,
于是我掙扎著站起來。
knowing that somehow,I had to put my tent up for shelter.
我心中明白無論如何我得支好帳篷避風,
On hands and knees I got the tent up and dragged my sleeping bag into the tent
我爬起來跪在地上終于撐起了帳篷,把睡袋拖了進去,
and lay down out of the cold wind.
躺在了抵擋寒風的帳子里。
I had to make a decision.
我必須做出決定。
Wait to get better or give up?
是等待情況好轉還是絕然放棄?
I had to think of my family,which is very important to me,and do the right thing.
我必須考慮對我來說非常重要的我的家人,并做出正確的先擇。
I did so without regret,
我這樣做無怨無悔。
I had met the challenges of solo travel in an extreme climate.
我面對了在極限氣候下單槍匹馬旅行的挑戰。
It is experience I shall never forget and shall value for the rest or my life.
這是一次我將終生難忘的經歷,而且它對我的余生意味無窮。
重點單詞 | 查看全部解釋 | |||
decision | [di'siʒən] |
想一想再看 |
||
hardship | ['hɑ:dʃip] |
想一想再看 n. 艱難,困苦 |
聯想記憶 | |
creativity | [.kri:ei'tiviti] |
想一想再看 n. 創造力,創造 |
聯想記憶 | |
inspiring | [in'spaiəriŋ] |
想一想再看 adj. 令人振奮的,激勵人的,鼓舞人心的 |
||
sled | [sled] |
想一想再看 n. 雪撬 v. 用撬搬運,乘撬 |
||
slope | [sləup] |
想一想再看 n. 傾斜,斜坡,斜面,斜線,斜率 |
||
popular | ['pɔpjulə] |
想一想再看 adj. 流行的,大眾的,通俗的,受歡迎的 |
聯想記憶 | |
universe | ['ju:nivə:s] |
想一想再看 n. 宇宙,萬物,世界 |
聯想記憶 | |
communication | [kə.mju:ni'keiʃn] |
想一想再看 n. 溝通,交流,通訊,傳達,通信 |
||
candle | ['kændl] |
想一想再看 n. 蠟燭 |

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: