Hi, John, there’ll be a charity show next weekend.
嗨,約翰,下周末有一場慈善演出。
Are you interested in coming?
你有興趣來嗎?
What kind of charity show?
什么樣的慈善演出?
It’s a concert organized by the Students’ Union.
這是一場由學生會組織的音樂會。
Its purpose is to raise funds for the children in remote areas.
它的目的是為偏遠地區的兒童籌集資金。
It sounds like you’re doing something worthwhile!
聽起來你在做一些有意義的事情!
Yes, I think we’re all supposed to help those in need.
是的,我認為我們都應該幫助那些需要幫助的人。
So, would you like to join us?
那么,你想加入我們嗎?
Of course. I ought to do my bit and contribute to society.
當然可以。我應該盡我一點綿薄之力,為社會做貢獻。
But, Mary, have I got to practice very often?
但是,瑪麗,我必須經常練習嗎?
I have an optional course every other evening.
我每隔一天晚上有一門選修課。
I don’t think you have to.
我認為你不必這么做。
You can practice on your own;
你可以自己練習;
but I think you must take part in the final rehearsal.
但是我認為你必須參加最后的排練。