I was sitting on the beach on a hot summer's day,
一個炎熱的夏日,我坐在沙灘上,
watching two children,
看著兩個孩子,
a boy and a girl, playing with the sand.
一個男孩和一個女孩,在玩沙子。
They were working hard at building a sandcastle.
他們正在努力地建造一座沙堡。
When they finished, a big wave came along and knocked it down.
當他們完成的時候,一個大浪過來把沙堡打倒了。
I thought the children would cry after all their hard work had turned to nothing.
我以為孩子們會哭的,因為他們所有的努力都白費了。
But they surprised me.
但他們讓我大吃一驚。
Hand in hand, they got up and ran away from the water's edge, then sat down to build another one.
他們手拉手站起來,從水邊跑開,然后坐下來再建一個。
They really taught me a lesson.
他們真的給我上了一課。
If things go wrong, we shouldn't sit around and feel sorry for ourselves.
如果出了問題,我們不應該坐在那里自怨自艾。
With the help from our friends, we can always start again.
在朋友的幫助下,我們總是可以重新開始。