No. 8: Under great emotional stress?
8號陪審員:在巨大的精神壓力下?
No. 4: Under great emotional stress.
4號陪審員:在巨大的精神壓力下。
No. 8: I'd like to ask you a personal question. Where were you last night?
8號陪審員:我想問你一個私人問題,你昨晚在哪?
No. 4: I was home.
4號陪審員:我在家
No. 8: How about the night before that?
8號陪審員:前天夜里呢?
No. 4: I left the office at 8:30, went straight home and went to bed.
4號陪審員:我8點30離開辦公室,直接回到家,然后就上床睡覺了。
No. 8: The night before that?
8號陪審員:那再前一天呢?
No. 4: Tuesday night? The night... of our bridge club. I played bridge.
4號暗審員:周二晚上?那天晚上……在橋牌俱樂部,我在打牌。
No. 8: Monday night?
8號陪審員:周一晚上呢?
No. 4: Monday night? ... Monday night... my wife and I went to the movies.
4號陪審員:周一晚上?……周一晚上……我和妻子去看電影了。
No. 8: What did you see?
8號陪審員:看的什么電影?
No. 4: The... I'll tell you in a minute... The Remarkable Mrs. Benwidge.
4號陪審員:是……我想想……《了不起的本維奇夫人》。
No. 2: I saw that. It was called The Amazing Mrs. Benwidge.
2號陪審員:我看過那部片子,片名是《非凡的本維奇夫人》。
No. 4: Ah yes, The Amazing Mrs. Benwidge.
4號陪審員:哦,對了,是《非凡的本維奇夫人》。
No. 8: Who was in The Amazing Mrs. Benwidge?
8號陪審員:誰主演的?
No. 4: Barbara—Long, I think... dark, pretty girl... It was a very inexpensive feature...
4號陪審員:我想是芭芭拉-郎,我想……黑皮膚,很漂亮的一個女孩……那是一部廉價的片子……
No. 8: And you weren't under great emotional stress, were you?
8號陪審員:你的情緒并不緊張,對嗎?
No. 4: No. (He wipes off the sweat on his face.)
4號陪審員:對。(他擦去臉上的汗水。)
No. 9: I think the point is made.
9號陪審員:我想這一點已經很清楚了。
No. 10: Big point!
10號陪審員:很重要的一點!
Foreman: Who's got something to say?
陪審長:還有誰要說點什么?
No. 2: Something's been bothering me a little. This whole business about the stab wound and how it was made. The downward angle of it, you know.
2號陪審員:有件事一直使我疑惑不解,就是有關刀傷的事以及刀傷是怎么造成的。你們知道,這個刀傷的角度是向下的。
No. 3: Don't tell me we're going to start with that again. They went over and over that in court.
3號陪審員:別告訴我我們還要討論這個問題。他們已經在法庭上分析了無數遍了。
No. 2: I know that. But I don't go along with it.
2號陪審員:我知道,不過我不同意他們的看法。