Mr. Larrabee wants the works. You'll have to wait a long time.
拉臘比先生可是要全套服務,你得等很長時間。
Mr. Larrabee? Clay's father? Roxanna's father? (Clark sits up.)
拉臘比先生?克萊的父親?洛克莎娜的父親?(克拉克坐起身來。)
Clark, I'd like you to meet our new teacher, Miss McCutcheon.
克拉克,讓我向你介紹我們新來的老師,麥卡琴小姐。
How do you do?
你好!
How do you do, Mr. Larrabee. (She looks bewildered.)
拉臘比先生,你好!(她看起來糊涂了。)
Well, perhaps some other time then, Mr. Van Dusen.
好吧,范杜森先生,那我就以后再來。
(She goes out. Clark sits back. Judge Applegarth stops at the doorway of the shop.)
(她走出店門。克拉克又半躺下來。阿普爾加思評判員在店門口站住。)
Not one thing on the beach, Harry. Not a blessed thing worth picking up and taking home.
哈里,海灘上什么都沒有,沒有一樣東西值得撿回家。
(Judge Applegarth goes on. The writer looks at Harry.)
(阿普爾加思評判員接著說。作家看了哈里一眼。)
See what I mean?
明白我對你說的那些話了嗎?
Yeah. Well... so long. (He puts the oyster in his coat pocket.)
是的,哦……再見。(他把牡蠣放進外衣兜里。)
Drop in again any time you're driving to Hollywood.
無論你什么時候開車去好萊塢,都歡迎你進來坐坐。
Or away. (He goes out.)
或者開車離開的時候。(他走了出去。)
You know, Harry, that boy of mine, Clay... Well, a fellow like that, you can't just go off and leave him.
我說,哈里,我那個兒子,克萊……嗯,有那樣的孩子你是不能出走,把他丟下的。
Of course you can't, Clark.
當然不能,克拉克。
I'm taking him fishing tomorrow morning. How about going along, Harry?
我明天上午帶他去釣魚。你跟我們一起去,怎么樣,哈里?
Sure, Clark. Be like old times again.
一定去,克拉克,就跟我們以前一樣。
(There is a pause.)
(停頓片刻。)
What's all this about an oyster and a pearl?
那牡蠣和珍珠是怎么回事?
Oh, just having a little fun with the new teacher. You know, she came in here and asked me to give her a poodle haircut?
哦,我是跟新來的老師逗著玩呢。她來叫我給她剪個鬈毛狗似的短發。
A poodle haircut! I don't remember what a poodle dog looks like, even.
別說鬈毛狗似的短發,就連鬈毛狗是什么模樣我都不記得了。