==================語法常識重溫==================
1.現在完成時的模式就是have+過去分詞。模式并不重要,重要的是使用。
2.may have,是一種猜測,“可能已經”發生了什么什么事情。它的否定式是may not have,意思是“不見得會...”,may have也可以用 might have代用。用到may(might) have,主要是對過去時域內發生的事的猜測,不是十分肯定的敘述。
例:
He may(might) have telephoned last night,but I'm not sure. (=Perhaps he telephoned last night.)
他昨晚可能已打過電話了,不過我說不準。
He might not have telephoned last night.
他昨晚不見得會打過電話。
3.什么叫"We've sold out"? 這是口語表達,比較簡化。全句是:We have sold out all the tickets.
4.It may have begun already.
(=Perhaps it has begun already.)
也許已經開始過了。
5.The play may begin at any time.
(=Perhaps the play will begin at any time.)
也許戲會隨時開始演出。
-------------------------------VOCABULARY------------------------------
at any moment 隨時
what a pity 真遺憾
just then 正在那時
We've sold out. 這是慣用語,“把...全部售完”。
might as well 還是...算了
at once 馬上
=================Sold Out 滿座==================
"The play may begin at any moment,"I said."It may have begun already,"Susan answered.
{“戲也許會隨時演出,”我說。“也許早已開演了,”蘇姍答道。}
I hurried to the ticket-office."May I have two tickets please? "I asked."I'm sorry,we've sold all,"the girl said."What a pity! "Susan exclaimed.
{我匆忙走到票房。“我可以買兩張票嗎?”我問道。“對不起,票都賣完了,”姑娘說道。“真遺憾!蘇姍大聲說。}
Just then,a man hurried to the ticket-office."Can I return these two tickets? "he asked."Certainly," the girl said.
{正在這時,一個男人匆忙走到票房。“我可以退掉這兩張票嗎?”他問道。“當然可以,”姑娘說。}
I went back to the ticket-office at once."Could I have these two tickets please?"I asked."Certainly, "the girl said,"but they are for next Wednesday's performance.Do you still want them?" "I might as well have them,"I said sadly.
{我立刻返回到票房。“請問,我可以買那兩張票嗎?”我問道。“當然可以,”姑娘說道,“不過這兩張票是下星期三的戲票。你還要嗎?”“我還是買了吧。”我怏怏不快地說。}