Hot Tips for August 2040
關于2040年8月的小貼士
It is August 2040. People in Garden City are buying their holidays, homes and cars on the Internet from QuickBuy.com. Here is the website.
現在是2040年8月。花園城的市民在網上都從QuickBuy.com購買自己的假期、房子以及汽車。這是該網站。
Holidays: The Magic Hotel
度假:奇幻賓館
The underwater hotel in Garden City has many rooms that are half underwater, but the Magic hotel is completely underwater.
花園城的水下賓館里有很多房間都處于半水下狀態,但是奇幻賓館是完全處于水下的。
It has fifty underwater rooms, a computer games hall and a shopping mall with designer clothes.
賓館內有位于五十間水下房間,一個電腦游戲大廳和一個購物中心,里面都是名牌服飾。
There is also a dinosaur animation centre, where children can play with dinosaurs.
賓館內還有一個恐龍動畫中心,在那里孩子們和可以和恐龍一起玩。
Satisfied customer:
滿意的顧客:
Mrs April Pang: 'When we stayed in the Magic Hotel, my children watched fish swim outside their room window. It was lovely.
彭四月女士:“我們在奇幻賓館的時候,我的孩子們可以觀賞到窗戶外面的魚。太可愛了。
When I was a young child, we didn't see as many fish as we do today. We're protecting fish now.
當我還是小孩子的時候,我們看不到像今天這么多的魚。我們現在都在保護魚類。”
Houses: 26 Kennedy Road
房子:肯尼迪路26號
This house is 'green'. It has a layer of glass around it.
這棟房子是“綠色的”。它有一層玻璃外層。
The house saves heat because it stays under the glass.
房子可以存儲熱能,因為在玻璃的作用下,熱能可以聚集不散發出去。
The heat is then used as energy to run machines in the house.
然后熱能可以用作運轉屋內機器的能量。
All the walls are made of glass and you can move them, so you can have rooms any size you want.
所有的墻壁都是由玻璃制成的,你可以隨便移動它們,這樣你就可以隨意調整房間的大小。
It is also smart. The medicine cabinet has a computer in it, linked to your doctor's computer.
房子很智能。醫藥櫥柜里有個電腦,與你的醫生的電腦相連。
The fridge in the kitchen also has a computer, linked to the supermarket's computer.
廚房里的冰箱也有個電腦,與超市電腦相連。
It tells the supermarket's computer when you need more food.
如果你需要更多的食物時,它可以把情況告訴超市的電腦。
It only orders the food that you like.
它只訂購你喜歡的食物。
Satisfied Customer:
滿意的顧客:
Mr David Yu: 'When we were living in our old house, life was much more difficult, and we were spending more money.
于大衛先生:“住在舊房子的時候,生活相當困難,我們還要花費很多錢。
We now live comfortably in a house like the one on Kennedy Road, and I would recommend it to anyone.'
現在在肯尼迪路的這套房子住著,生活非常舒適,我要向每個人都推薦一下。”
Cars: The CJ3
汽車:CJ3
The CJ3 is a hydrogen car. Hydrogen cars cause less air pollution in Garden City.
CJ3款汽車一款氫氣動力車。氫氣動力車可以減少花園城的空氣污染。
The hydrogen is mixed with oxygen from the air to make electricity.
氫氣與空氣中的氧氣混合產生電流。
The electricity drives the engine.
電流發動引擎。
The CJ3 also has satellite navigation, so you can see where you are on an electronic map on the windscreen, and you can see all the traffic ahead of you.
CJ3款汽車具有衛星導航功能,所以你可以通過擋風屏上的電子地圖看到你所在的位置還能看到發生在你前方的所有交通事故。
It also has an Internet link, so the driver can get information about the weather or even book a restaurant from the car.
車內還有網絡連接,這樣司機可以知道天氣情況,亦可以在車上預定餐廳。
Satisfied customer:
滿意的顧客:
Mr Jacky Hu: 'I always felt guilty about the old car, because while I was driving, I was polluting our city, but I feel good driving the CJ3.'
胡杰克先生:“開舊車時,我總是感到很內疚,因為當我開車的時候,我在污染城市,但我開CJ3時的心情就好多了。”