The funny side of police work
警務的趣味性
Paula wanted to write an article about the funny side of police work for her school newspaper.
保拉想給校報寫一篇有關警務趣味一面的文章。
She interviewed Detective Smith and he told her these stories.
她采訪了史密斯警探,他給保拉講了以下這些故事。
Story A
故事A
I remember arresting a 'thief' in a clothes shop once. It was a strange case.
我記得曾經在一家服裝店逮捕了一個“小偷”。
The man was hiding a yellow sweater inside his coat.
這個人把黃色的毛衣藏在外套里面。
I thought he had stolen it, so I arrested him.
我當時認為他偷了這件毛衣,所以就逮捕了他。
We found out later that his wife gave him the sweater for his birthday, but he hated it.
我們后來才得知,這件毛衣是他妻子送給他的生日禮物,可是他不喜歡。
He just wanted to return it to the shop for a refund, but he didn't want his wife to see him!
他只是想到商店來退貨,而不想讓他妻子發現!
We soon released him.
很快,我們就把他釋放了。
Story B
故事B
One day, when I was working in Candy Town, a man robbed a bank on the Sixth Street.
一天,我在坎迪鎮巡邏時,有人在第六街搶劫。
He wrote on the back of an envelope,
他在信封背面寫道:
'This is a robbery. Give me money!' and gave it to the teller.
“這是一起搶劫案,把錢給我!”然后把信交給出納員。
She gave him $100,000, and the man ran away.
她給了他10萬美金,這個人就離開了。
Then we received a phone call from the teller.
隨后,我們接到出納員的電話。
She told us to go to the man's flat in Candy Town and get him.
她要我們到這個人在坎迪鎮的公寓去逮捕他。
We arrested him as soon as he got out of the lift.
他一出電梯,我們就逮捕了他。
He admitted that he had robbed the bank,
他承認他搶劫了銀行,
but he couldn't believe that we found him so quickly.
但是想不到的是我們很快就找到了他。
We told him that the front of the envelope he used in the robbery had his name and address on it!
我們告訴他,他在搶劫時把名字和地址寫在信封的正面了!
Story C
故事
I once read a funny story about a man from Australia.
我曾經讀到一篇有關一個澳大利亞人的有趣故事。
He was trying to smuggle some rare birds from Thailand into Australia.
他試圖把珍禽從泰國偷運到澳大利亞。
He hid the birds inside a special pocket in his trousers.
他把珍禽藏在褲子里的特制口袋里。
But as he was going through customs, the birds started to sing!
但是當他出關時,珍禽就唱歌了!