Friday, 28 June
6月28日,星期五
Today my dad and I were waiting for the ferry when suddenly we heard a big argument.
今天,我和爸爸正在等待渡輪的時候,突然傳來了一陣激烈的爭吵聲。
Two women tourists and a young man were shouting at each other.
兩位女游客和一個年輕人相互爭吵著。
The man held out a bag, and showed everyone that it was empty.
這個年輕人拿出包,給大家看包是空的。
The crowd stared at the three people. No one knew what was happening.
人們都圍觀著這三個人。沒人知道發生了什么事。
My dad moved through the crowd and said quietly to one of the women, 'What's going on?'
我爸爸從人群中擠到其中一個女游客旁邊,輕聲問道:“發生什么事了?”
'They stole my friend's purse,' said the woman.
這位游客說:“他們偷了我朋友的錢包。”
'We were in the bookshop, buying postcards. Three young men started talking to us.
“我們正在書店里買明信片,這三個年輕人開始和我們搭訕。
Suddenly my friend noticed that her purse was gone.
突然,我朋友發現她的錢包不見了。
Two of the men ran away. We followed this man here.'
其中兩個人跑開了,我們跟隨這個人來到這里。”
Then the gates opened. The man hurried aboard, and the two women tourists went after him.
這時,渡輪的門開了,年輕人急忙上船,這兩名女游客緊隨他上船。
'Wait,' said my dad, 'Let's take the next ferry.'
我爸爸說:“等等,我們坐下一趟吧!”
This was strange. Was my dad afraid of that man? I followed him to a shop nearby.
這很讓人費思所夷。我爸爸怕那個人嗎?我跟爸爸走到附近的一家商店。
He picked up the phone and quickly dialled 110.
他拿起電話,快速撥打110。
'I want to report a theft. The man is on No. 3 Ferry now.
“我要報案,有人偷竊。小偷現在在3號渡輪。
It just left a few minutes ago. Please meet the ferry.'
渡輪幾分鐘之前開走了,請趕上這艘渡輪。”
He gave some more details, and then put the phone down.
他又解說了一些細節,然后掛了電話。
We took the next ferry.
我們乘坐下一趟渡輪。
As we got off, we saw the two women tourists and four policemen standing around the man and he looked worried.
當我們走下渡輪時,我們看見那兩位女游客和四名警察圍著年輕人,他看起來很焦急。
'Well done, Dad,' I said as we walked by. Dad just smiled.
“干得好,爸爸!”我們經過那兒的時候我這樣說道。爸爸只是笑了笑。