A Famous Graduate—Chen Cheng
名人校友——陳誠
At Yuwen Middle School's 60th anniversary,
在毓文中學60周年校慶上,
Chen Cheng, the famous young writer, was back after 17 years.
著名年輕作家陳誠闊別17年重新回到母校,
He talked about his junior high school life for the first time.
首次談到他的中學生活。
Welcome back to school.
歡迎回到母校。
We are very proud that you are a graduate from this school.
我們很驕傲您從這所學校畢業。
We'd like to know something about your school life.
我們想了解一下您的學校生活。
Did you start writing at junior high school?
您是在初中就開始寫作了嗎?
Yes, but not from the beginning.
是的,但并不是從一開始。
At first, I often forgot to do my homework and didn't do well in tests ...
首先,我經常忘記做家庭作業,考試也考不好……
It was hard for me to pay attention at school.
對于我來說,專心學習真不是件容易的事。
Everything changed after my new Chinese teacher, Mrs Tang, came.
我的新語文老師唐老師來之后,一切都改變了。
What happened then?
怎么啦?
Well, she asked me to go to her office one afternoon.
是這樣,有一天下午她叫我去她辦公室,
And she was not the first teacher to do this.
要知道我也不是第一次被老師們叫到辦公室。
"I'm in trouble again," I thought.
“我又惹麻煩了,”我想。
She brought me a chair and asked me to sit in front of her.
她給我搬了把椅子,讓我坐在她面前。
That afternoon, Mrs Tang talked for a long time but I couldn't remember any of her words.
那天下午,唐老師給我談了好久,但我什么都話都沒能記住。
It was the chair.
只有那把椅子。
She respected me.
她尊重我。
Then I began to open my heart and hear her words.
后來,我開始敞開自己的心扉,聽老師的話。
After that, I started to like Chinese and began my writing.
也就是在那之后,我開始喜歡語文并且開始了寫作。
Did you see Mrs Tang in the school today?
您今天在學校見到唐老師了嗎?
Yes. I was glad to see her again.
是的。能再見到她我很高興。
I told her the story, but she couldn't remember it.
我告訴了她這個故事,但她記不得了。
Anyway, I will never forget it.
不管怎樣,我都無法忘記。