Dear Kangkang,
親愛的康康,
Thank you for inviting me to your food festival.
謝謝你邀請我去參加食品節。
I regret that I cannot come.
很遺憾我不能去。
Let me tell you something about myself, Free the Children and my new school.
我想告訴你一些關于我自己、解放兒童組織和我的新學校的情況。
I was born in Canada on December 17th, 1982 and spent my childhood there.
我1982年12月17日出生在加拿大,并在那里度過了我的童年。
I often take part in sports.
我經常運動。
My favorite food is fried chicken.
我最喜歡的食物是炸雞。
I like to help people.
我喜歡幫助人們。
In 1995, when I was twelve, I read an article about a twelve-year-old Pakistani boy, Iqbal, in the newspaper.
1995年,我12歲,我在報紙上讀到一篇關于12歲巴基斯坦小男孩的文章,他叫伊克巴爾。
It changed my life.
這改變了我的一生。
He started working in a factory when he was only four.
他年僅4歲的時候就開始在一家工廠工作。
He knew children should go to school instead of working in factories all day.
他知道孩子應該去上學而不是整天待在工廠上班。
He decided to fight against the bosses.
他決定和老板對抗。
As a result, a bad man killed him.
最后,一個壞人殺了他。
I was so angry that I decided to help them.
我很生氣,我決定要幫助他們。
I gathered my friends and started a group, the Twelve Twelve-Year-Olds.
我召集我的朋友們,并且成立了一個組織——十二個十二歲。
Soon many children joined and the group became Free the Children.
很快就有很多孩子加入,這個組織變成了解放兒童組織。
We raised money to help child workers go to school.
我們籌錢幫助童工重返學校。
"Children Helping Children"is our motto.
“孩子幫助孩子”是我們的座右銘。
I believe one person can make a change.
我相信一個人的力量也能有所作為。
Now Free the Children has 100 000 members in 35 countries who are helping children.
現在解放兒童組織在35個國家中有10萬名成員,他們都在幫助孩子。
In Kenya there are poorly-built schools with no roofs or walls, so Free the Children is building new schools there to help them.
在肯尼亞,有建造情況很差的學校,沒有房頂和墻壁,所以解放兒童組織正在建設新學校去幫助他們。
Sincerely, Craig
真誠地,克雷格