Lesson 41 A Class of the World
第41課 一節關于世界的課
Ms. Morin teaches English in Edmonton.
莫里老師在埃德蒙頓教英語。
The students in her class come from all over the world.
她班級里的學生們來自世界各地。
Last week, she asked her students to prepare presentations about their home countries.
上周,她讓她的學生們準備一份關于他們祖國的介紹。
Today is the time to "show and tell".
今天到了“展示和講述”的世界了。
Today I want to tell you about my home country - Brazil.
今天我想給你們說是我的祖國——巴西。
It's the largest country in South America.
它是南美洲最大的國家。
It has a huge river called the Amazon and a rainforest with more trees than you can imagine.
它有一條巨大的河流,名叫亞馬遜河,以及雨林,里面樹木多得超出你的想象。
My people are known for our fun dances and colourful culture.
我們那兒的人因有趣的舞蹈以及多彩的文化而聞名。
Ten years ago, my family came to Canada.
十年前,我的家人來到加拿大。
We came from Turkey.
我們來自土耳其。
Do you know that Turkey is in both Europe and Asia?
你知道土耳其橫跨歐洲和亞洲嗎?
There is a famous bridge called the Bosphorous Bridge.
這兒有一座著名的橋梁,稱為博斯普魯斯橋。
It connects Europe and Asia.
它連接了歐洲和亞洲。
Turkey is modern and old,rich and poor.
土耳其現代而古老,富裕而貧窮。
Everything comes together to make it a great place to discover.
所有的事物融合在一起,讓它形成了一個偉大的地方,等待人們的探索。
I was born in Egypt.
我出生于埃及。
Many tourists know about the pyramids,but there are other interesting things to see and do in Egypt.
許多游客都知道那兒的金字塔,但是埃及還有其他有趣的值得參觀和做的事情。
You can relax on a boat tour of the Nile.
你可以在尼羅河上乘船休閑。
You can ride a camel in the Sahara Desert or walk in the ancient markets in Cairo.
你可以在撒哈拉沙漠里騎駱駝,或者在開羅的古市場漫步。
Many things in Egypt will surprise you,not just the pyramids.
埃及的許多東西將會令你感到吃驚,不僅僅是金字塔。
I'm from China.
我來自中國。
My country has a long history and rich culture.
我的祖國有著悠久的歷史和豐富的文化。
It has the largest population in the world.
它有著世界上最大的認可。
It has developed quickly in recent years.
它在近幾年發展的非常快。
The Great Wall and the Terra Cotta Warriors are famous all around the world.
長城和兵馬俑聞名于世。
More students come to the front to talk about their countries with pride.
更多的同學們站到講臺前來驕傲的講述他們的祖國。
All of them are proud of their home countries.
他們所有人都對他們的祖國感到驕傲。