Read the passage and answer the questions.
閱讀短文并回答問題。
Life Is Full of the Unexpected
生活充滿了意外
In May 2001, I found a job in New York at the World Trade Center.
在2001年5月,我在紐約世界貿易中心找了一份工作。
On September 11, 2001, I arrived at my building at around 8:30 a.m.
在2001年9月11日,大約是早上8:30我到達了我的辦公樓。
I was about to go up when I decided to get a coffee first.
我本打算上樓,這時我決定先去買咖啡。
I went to my favorite coffee place even though it was two blocks east from my office.
我去了我最喜歡的咖啡店,盡管它離我的辦公室向東兩個街區遠。
As I was waiting in line with other office workers, I heard a loud sound.
當我正和其他辦公室工作人員排隊等候時,我聽到了一聲巨響。
Before I could join the others outside to see what was going on, the first plane had already hit my office building.
當我加入到外面其他人看看發生了什么事之前,第一架飛機已經撞擊了我的辦公大樓。
We stared in disbelief at the black smoke rising above the burning building.
我們用難以置信的目光凝視著從正在燃燒的大樓上升起的黑煙。
I felt lucky to be alive.
我感到很幸運我還活著。
Almost 10 years later, I woke up at 10:00 a.m. on February 21, 2011 and realized that my alarm never went off.
差不多10年以后,我在2011年2月21日上午10點鐘醒來,意識到我的鬧鐘沒有響。
I jumped out of bed and went straight to the airport.
我從床上跳起來,直接去了機場。
But by the time I got to the airport, my plane to New Zealand had already taken off.
但是當我到機場時,飛往新西蘭的飛機已經起飛了。
"This is the first holiday I've taken in a year, and now I've missed my plane.
"這是我一年中度過的第一個假期,現在我誤機了。
What bad luck!" I thought to myself.
真倒霉!"我心里想。
The other planes were full so I had to wait till the next day.
其他的飛機都滿了,因此我必須等到第二天。
The next morning, I heard about the earthquake in New Zealand the day before.
第二天早上,我聽說昨天新西蘭地震了。
My bad luck had unexpectedly turned into a good thing.
我的壞運氣出乎意料地變成了一件好事。
譯文為可可英語翻譯,未經授權請勿轉載!