Lesson 18: Never Catch a Dinosaur
第十八課:絕不抓恐龍
Dear Brian,
親愛的布萊恩,
I got your e-mail. I like your new rule.
我收到你的電子郵件了。我喜歡你的新規則。
I will never try to catch a falling dinosaur. It isn't safe!
我將不會嘗試去抓住跌落的恐龍。這樣不安全。
Danny also wrote to me about the accident. He felt bad because he was careless.
丹尼也寫信告訴我這個事故。因為他的粗心大意他感到難過。
You advised him to use a ladder, but he didn't listen.
你建議他使用梯子,但是他沒有聽。
He was lucky you were there to catch him. But I guess you weren't so lucky.
你在那兒抓著他,他很幸運。但是我猜,你沒那么走運。
Accidents happen so suddenly. I remember when I was seven years old,
事故發生得總是很突然。我記得當我七歲時,
my mother took me to the park one day.
有天我媽媽帶我去公園。
I saw a big tree. My mother tried to stop me,
我看見一棵大樹。媽媽試圖阻止我(爬樹),
but I really wanted to climb the tree. I told her I would be careful.
但我真的很想爬上那棵樹。我告訴她,我會很小心的。
"Don't climb too high." she warned.
“別爬太高?!彼嵝盐?。
She watched me climb higher and higher. "Look at me. Mother!"
她看著我越爬越高。“媽媽,快看我!”我喊道,
I shouted. "I can almost touch the sky!"
“我快夠著天空了!”
"That's too high, "she called. "Be careful, Li Ming!"
“太高了?!彼暗?,“當心,李明!”
Suddenly, the branch broke. I fell. My mother tried to catch me,
突然,樹枝斷了,我跌了下來。媽媽試圖接住我,
but she couldn't. I hit the ground very hard.
但她沒接住。我狠狠地跌在地上。
There was something wrong with my leg. It hurt! I couldn't move it.
我的一條腿出了問題。它受傷了,不能動彈。
My mum took me to the hospital. At the hospital, the doctor said my leg was broken.
媽媽帶我去了醫院。在醫院里,醫生說我的腿摔斷了。
It took me three months to recover. I couldn't attend ping-pong training that year!
花了三個月的時間,我才康復,那年我沒能參加乒乓球訓練。
Now, I always listen to my mother's warnings about safety.
現在,我總是聽媽媽的安全警告。
By the way, do you like the gift I sent you?
順便說一句,你喜歡我送你的禮物嗎?
Take care,
保重。
Li Ming
李明
Wow! I'll wear it with this T-shirt from Danny!
哇哦!我穿著丹尼送的T恤衫。