Read the following opinions of a Colombian and a Swiss student.
讀下面一名哥倫比亞學生和一名瑞士學生的觀點。
In which country is it OK to be 15 minutes late for dinner?
在哪個國家吃飯時遲到15分鐘是沒有關系的?
Teresa Lopez Cali, Colombia
特雷莎·洛佩斯卡利,哥倫比亞
Where I'm from, we're pretty relaxed about time.
在我們那個地方,我們的時間觀念比較隨意。
We don't like to rush around, so we don't mind if people are a little late sometimes.
我們不喜歡匆匆忙忙的,所以有時如果人們晚一會兒,我們也不介意。
If you tell a friend you're going to their house for dinner, it's OK if you arrive a bit late.
如果你告訴一位朋友你要去他們家吃飯,如果你晚到一會兒也沒關系。
We like to enjoy our time slowly.
我們喜歡慢慢享受我們的時間。
We value the time we spend with our family and friends in our everyday lives.
我們珍惜在我們的日常生活中與家人、朋友一起共度的時光。
We often just drop by our friends' homes if we have time.
如果有時間,我們經常順便到朋友的家里拜訪。
We don't usually have to make plans to meet our friends.
我們通常不必刻意安排與朋友見面。
When we see each other, it's polite for boys to shake hands and for girls to kiss each other on the side of the face.
當我們見到對方時,男孩們握手,女孩們互相親吻臉都是有禮貌的。
We often just walk around the town center, seeing as many of our friends as we can!
我們經常只是在城鎮中心走走,就可以盡可能多地見到我們的朋友!
Marc LeBlanc Lausanne, Switzerland
馬克·勒布朗,瑞士
In Switzerland, it's very important to be on time.
在瑞士,守時是非常重要的。
We're the capital of clocks and watches, after all!
畢竟我們是鐘表之都!
If someone invites you to meet him or her at noon, then you're expected to be there at noon.
如果有人邀請你在中午見面,那么你應該在中午到那里。
If you're even 15 minutes late, your friend may get mad.
即使你只遲到了15分鐘,你的朋友也可能會很生氣。
So I make an effort to be on time when I meet my friends.
所以當我與朋友見面時,我努力做到守時。
I always leave the house early to avoid heavy traffic because I think it's impolite to keep others waiting.
我總是早早離開家以避免交通擁擠,因為我認為讓別人等待是不禮貌的。
Also, we never visit a friend's house without calling first.
而且,我們也從不事先未打電話就登門拜訪朋友。
We almost always make plans to see friends.
拜訪朋友幾乎總是要事先計劃好。
We usually plan to do something interesting, or go somewhere together.
我們通常計劃著一起去做有趣的事或一起去某個地方。
譯文為可可英語翻譯,未經授權請勿轉載!