A. Talk time
A. 對話時間
Intonation (2): Falling intonation
語調(2):降調
When we ask a wh-question, we let our voice fall at the end of the question. When we answer the question, we usually let our voice fall at the end of the sentence too.
當我們問一個"WH-問題"時,我們在問題結尾處用降調。當我們回答這個問題時,通常也會在句尾處把聲音降下來。
S1: What should we remember to do during our exchange visit?
S1:在交流訪問期間我們應該注意些什么?
S2: You should be polite and respect local culture.
S2:你應該尊重當地文化。
We also let our voice fall at the end of an imperative sentence.
祈使句結尾處我們也要使用降調。
Arrive at the airport on time, please.
請準時到達機場。
Please bring a camera with you.
請隨身攜帶相機。
A1. Read the conversations below and practise them in pairs. Make your voice fall at the end of the sentences.
A1. 閱讀下面的對話并兩人一組進行練習,句尾時把你的聲音降下來。
1. S1: Who have you met in Beijing?
1. S1:你在北京都見過什么人?
S2: I've met lots of Chinese students.
S2:我見過很多中國學生。
2. S1: What have you learnt?
2. S1:有什么收獲?
S2: I've learnt about Chinese painting and t'ai chi.
S2:我了解了中國畫和打太極拳。
3. S1: Where have you visited?
3. S1:你參觀過哪里?
S2: I've visited the Great Wall.
S2:我游覽了長城。
4. S1: When are you going to leave Beijing?
4. S1:你打算什么時候離開北京?
S2: I'm going to leave next week.
S2:我打算下周離開。
A2. Read these sentences. Make your voice fall at the end of the sentences.
A2. 讀這些句子,句尾時把你的聲音降下來。
1. Don't worry about the exchange visit.
1. 不要擔心參觀交流。
2. Try to learn about local culture.
2. 嘗試了解當地的文化。
3. Join in your host family's weekend activities.
3. 參加你的寄宿家庭的周末活動。
4. Remember to be friendly to others.
4. 記住要對別人友善。
B. Speak up
B. 大聲說
Alice has been in London for a week. She has written down some things that she has done and some that she has not done. Look at the lists below and talk about her experiences in pairs.
Alice 已經在倫敦待了一個星期了。她把她已經做了什么,還沒做什么都記錄下來了。請看下面的列表并兩人一組談論下她的經歷。
S1: What has Alice already done?
S1: Alice 已經做了什么?
S2: She's met her host family…
S2: 她會見了她的寄宿家庭……
S1: What hasn't Alice done yet?
S1: Alice 有什么事情還沒有實現呢?
S2: She hasn't visited Tower Bridge…
S2: 她還沒有去參觀倫敦塔橋……