A. Talk time
A. 對話時間
Discussing similarities and differences
討論相似與差異
We're different in some ways, and we're similar in others.
我們在某些方面有所差異,雙在某些方面存在相似。
Yes. We both have two hands. But I only have one leg! I'm also smarter than you.
是的,我們都有兩只手。但我只有一條腿!我還比你還聰明。
A1. Sam, an exchange student, is discussing festivals in the US and China with his Chinese teacher, Mr Li. Read their conversation and practise it in pairs. Pay attention to the words in blue.
A1. Sam,一名交換生,正在與他的中國老師——李老師,討論美國和中國的節日。閱讀他們的對話,兩人一組練習,注意藍色的字詞。
Mr Li: Sam, did you enjoy your first Spring Festival in China?
李老師:Sam,你享受你在中國的第一個春節?
Sam: Yes, I did. During this festival, many family members get together.
Sam:是的,我很享受。在這個節日期間,許多家庭成員聚在一起。
Mr Li: Yes. I hear that at Thanksgiving Americans also get together for a special meal. It sounds similar.
李老師:是的,我聽說在感恩節美國人也聚在一起吃些特殊的食特,這聽起來很相似。
Sam: Yes. It's similar. During these holidays, both the Chinese and Americans come home and have a big dinner. It's great fun.
Sam:是的,挺相似的。在這些節假日,無論是中國人和美國人,都趕回家舉行一個很大的晚餐。這很有趣。
Mr Li: What do you think are the main differences between the Spring Festival and Thanksgiving?
李老師:你認為春節和感恩節之間的主要區別是什么?
Sam: Well, we take part in different activities and eat different kinds of food. In China, people usually set off fireworks and eat dumplings.
Sam:嗯,我們參加不同的活動,吃不同種類的食物。在中國,人們通常燃放煙花和吃餃子;
- In the US, we usually watch a Thanksgiving parade and an American football game on TV. We also eat turkey.
- 而在美國,我們通常觀看感恩節游行和電視上的美式足球比賽,我們還吃火雞。
Mr Li: That's interesting.
李老師:那很有意思。