Read the article written by a father for a newspaper.
讀一位父親寫給一家報社的這篇文章。
What is his family going to sell at the yard sale?
在庭院拍賣會上,他的一家人打算賣掉什么?
My children are growing up fast.
我的孩子們長得很快。
My daughter is 16 and my boy is already in junior high school.
我的女幾16歲了,我的兒子已上初中。
As they get bigger our house seems to get smaller.
隨著他們一天天長大,我們的房子似乎變得越來越小了。
So we want to sell some of our things in a yard sale and give the money to a children's home.
所以我們想在庭院拍賣會上賣掉一些東西,并把錢捐給兒童之家。
We have already cleared out a lot of things from our bedrooms.
我們已經從臥室里清理出了許多東西。
We have decided to each sell five things that we no longer use.
我們決定每人出售5件不再使用的物品。
My son was quite sad at first.
一開始,我的兒子相當難過。
Although he has not played with his old toys for a long time, he still wanted to keep them.
雖然他很長時間不玩他的舊玩具了,但他仍想留著它們。
For example, he has owned a train and railway set since his fourth birthday,
例如,自從他的4歲生日起,他就擁有了一套火車和鐵路軌道的玩具。
and he played with it almost every week until he was about seven.
他幾乎每周都玩這套玩具,一直玩到7歲左右。
And he did not want to lose his toy monkey, either.
他也不想失去他的玩具猴。
He slept next to the monkey every night when he was a child.
在他還是個孩子時,每晚他都要挨著那只玩具猴睡覺。
My daughter was more understanding, although she also felt sad to part with certain toys.
我的女兒比較懂事,盡管失去某些玩具她也感到很難過。
As for me, I did not want to give up my football shirts,
至于我,我不想賣掉我的橄欖球球衫,
but, to be honest, I have not played for a while now I am getting older, too!
但是,說實在的,現在我已經有一段時間不玩球了。我也在變老!
譯文為可可英語翻譯,未經授權請勿轉載!