Skim the letter and answer the questions.
瀏覽這封信并回答問題。
Dear Miss Li, I'd like to thank you for sending money to Animal Helpers.
親愛的李小姐,我想感謝您捐款給"動物助手"。
I'm sure you know that this group was set up to help disabled people like me.
我相信您知道這個組織是被建立來幫助像我這樣的殘疾人的。
You helped to make it possible for me to have Lucky.
您的幫助讓我擁有"幸運"成為可能。
Lucky makes a big difference to my life.
"幸運"改變了我的生活。
Let me tell you my story.
讓我給您講我的故事。
What would it be like to be blind or deaf?
成為一位盲人或者聾子會變成什么樣呢?
Or imagine you can't walk or use your hands easily.
或者假設你不能走路或輕易使用自己的雙手。
Most people would never think about this, but many people have these difficulties.
大多數人從不會想這些,但許多人有這些生活上的困難。
I can't use my arms or legs well, so normal things like answering the telephone, opening and closing doors, or carrying things are difficult for me.
我不能很好地使用胳膊和腿,因此一些普通的事情像接電話,開關門還有拿東西對我來說是困難的。
Then one day last year, a friend of mine helped me out.
去年的一天,我的一個朋友幫我走出了困境。
She talked to Animal Helpers about getting me a special trained dog.
她和"動物助手"組織談論為我提供一條經過特殊訓練的狗。
She also thought a dog might cheer me up.
她還認為狗可能讓我高興振奮。
I love animals and I was excited about the idea of having a dog.
我喜歡動物,而且我覺得擁有一條狗很令人興奮。
After six months of training with a dog at Animal Helpers, I was able to bring him home.
在"動物助手"組織給一條狗培訓了六個月后,我就把它帶回來了。
My dog's name is Lucky-a good name for him because I feel very lucky to have him.
我的狗的名字叫"幸運"--給他取這個好名字是因為我感到擁有他很幸運。
You see, I'm only able to have a "dog helper" because of your kindness!
您看,正是因為您的善舉,我才擁有了一個"動物助手"。
Lucky is very clever and understands many English words.
"幸運"非常聰明,能夠聽懂我的很多話。
He can understand me when I give him orders.
當我給他命令時他會明白。
For example, I say, "Lucky! get my book," and he does it at once.
例如,我說:"幸運,把我書去拿來",他就會馬上照做。
Lucky is a fantastic dog.
"幸運"是一條令人驚嘆的狗。
I'll send you a photo of him if you like, and I could show you how he helps me.
如果您愿意我將送您一張他的照片,將來有一天我還會讓您看看他是怎樣幫助我的。
Thank you again for changing my life.
再次感謝您改變了我的生活。
Best wishes, Ben Smith
獻上最美好的祝愿,本·史密斯
譯文為可可英語翻譯,未經授權請勿轉載!