The Wolf just sighs.
狼嘆著氣。
Then, the Wolf gets curious and calls the Dog.
狼覺得很好奇,于是他叫住了狗。
Wait, Dog!
等等,狗!
What is it?
怎么了?
Well, I was wondering...
哦,我在想……
Hurry up! I must get home before dark.
有話快說!我要在天黑前趕回家。
Well, I was curious.
哦,我很奇怪。
You seem so healthy and well-fed.
你看起來非常健康,似乎吃得不錯。
Where do you live?
你住在什么地方?
I live in a big house in the village.
我住在村子里的一間大房子里。
My master feeds me well.
我的主人把我喂得很好。
What does he feed you?
他都給你喂什么東西?
Well, let me think.
這個嘛,讓我想想。
He feeds me everything from meat to candy.
有肉有糖果,什么都喂。
I live a very comfortable life.
我的日子過得很舒服。
But you look very sick and weak.
不過你看起來病怏怏的,好像很虛弱。
Have you eaten something today?
你今天吃東西了嗎?
I haven't eaten for three days.
我已經三天沒有吃東西了。
I can't find food anywhere.
我在什么地方都找不到食物。
That's too bad.
那太糟糕了。
If you come with me, you will be well-fed, too.
如果你跟我來,你也會被喂得好好的。
Really?! But what must I do there?
真的?可是到了那兒我應該做些什么呢?
It's very simple.
很簡單??!
Just do what I do.
只要做我做的事情。
What is that?
什么事?。?/p>
First, chase away thieves.
首先,要把小偷趕跑。
Second, bark at beggars.
其次,要對著乞丐狂叫。
Third, wag your tail in front of the master.
第三,在主人面前搖搖尾巴。
Is that all?
只要做這些事?
Yes. If you do a good job, you'll be loved just like me.
對。如果你做得好,就會像我一樣被人寵愛。
The master will hug you and give you delicious treats.
主人會抱你,還會給你好吃的大餐。
I can't believe it! It is too easy.
我簡直不敢相信。那太簡單了。
I can do that.
我可以辦到。
Good. Then follow me.
很好。那就跟我來。
I will take you to my master.
我帶你去見我的主人。
The Wolf and the Dog walk together to the village.
狼和狗一起走向村莊。
The Wolf is so excited.
狼非常興奮。
But then the Wolf sees a strange mark on the Dog's neck.
忽然,狼在狗的脖子上看到一個奇怪的印記。
Hey, what is that mark on your neck?
嘿,你脖子上的印記是什么?
It's nothing.
沒什么。
But the fur is worn there and the skin is red.
可是那你的毛都磨沒了,而且皮膚是紅的。
It's nothing really.
真得沒什么。
It's just my chain mark.
那只是我的鏈條印子。
what do you mean? You are chained?
你是什么意思?你被鏈條拴著???
Well, yes, but only during the day.
哦,是的,不過只有在白天被拴著。
You can't go wherever you want?
你不能到你想去的地方?
It's not too bad.
那沒什么不好的。
Instead I don't worry about food.
再說我不用為食物操心。
The Wolf turns back.
狼轉身往回走。
Hey Wolf, where are you going?
嘿,狼,你要去哪兒?
Good-bye, Dog. I would rather be hungry than be chained.
再見,狗。我寧愿挨餓也不愿意被拴著。
MORAL: Nothing is more valuable than FREEDOM.
寓意:沒有比自由更可貴的。