Conversation 2
對話2
So how is our presentation about the reconstructuring of the company coming along?
關于公司結構調整的演示現在做得怎么樣了?
Fine, I am putting the finishing touches to it now, but we will have to be prepared for questions.
現在已經快要接近完成了,但是我們要準備應對提問。
Yes, there is already a feeling that this is a top-down change, we really need to get everyone on board.
是的,員工們已經感覺到這是一個至上而下的改變,我們的確需要讓大家都同意。
Well, there's been an extensive consultation period.
不過已經有很長一段協商期了。
I know, but there is always the feeling that if it isn't broken, don't fix it.
我知道,但是總有人感覺如果沒有完全破裂的話,并不需要解決。
People are worried about their jobs too. I think we need to address that while there will be some job changes, there won't be anyone getting dismissed. In fact, we are looking to take on more staff.
人們也擔心自己的工作。我覺得我們需要說明,盡管會有一些崗位調整,但是沒有人會被解雇。事實上我們要招聘更多的員工。
Agreed. You can hardly blame people for worrying, though.
是的,但是真的不能責怪人們的擔憂。
We need to make it clear that it's not just change for change's sake.
我們需要說明,這并不是為了調整而調整。
In other words, we really must make the case for why we are doing it. So, what's the outline of the presentation?
也就是說,我們的確必須解釋清楚,我們為何這么做。所以,這個演示的大綱是怎樣的?
I'll start with the brief review of the reasons for the change that we really need to make a clean break to restart growth.
開頭我會簡短地回顧一下調整的原因,我們真的需要采取措施再次實現增長。
After that, I'll outline the new company's structures and who is going where.
然后我會大致講一下新公司的架構以及每個人的崗位。
Then we will hand it over to you to discuss the timeline and summarize and we'll take questions together at the end. Anything else?
然后你來討論一下時間安排,進行總結,最后一起回答問題。還有其他事情嗎?
Oh, yeah. We should let the staff know the channels of communication, you know, who they can contact or direct questions to about these changes.
好的。我們應該讓員工知道溝通的渠道,他們可以聯系誰,詢問誰關于這些調整的問題。
Yes, and we can collect some frequently asked questions and present some general answers.
是的,我們應該收集一些經常被問到的問題,準備一些通常的答案。
And we will make the presentation and questions available via the company's own computer network, right?
我們需要把演示和問題傳到公司內部的網絡,是吧?
Yes, we'll make a page on the network where staff can download all the details.
是的,我們可以在網站上建一個網頁,員工們可以下載這些細節。
Alright, perhaps we should do a practice run of the presentation first.
好的,或許我們應該先練習一下演示過程。
You bet.
當然。
5. What is the man going to do?
5. 這位男士將要做什么?
6. What does the man say about the restructuring?
6. 這位男士就公司重組發表了什么看法?
7. What will the man explain first?
7. 這位男士首先要解釋什么?
8. How can the staff learn more about the company's restructuring?
8. 員工如何了解更多關于公司重組的信息?