Thank you for coming, everyone.
感謝大家的到來。
Today's presentation will show how we see the development of the motor car in the short to medium term.
今天的演講將展示中短期內我們會看到汽車怎樣的發展。
And that is why we have invited all of you here today.
這也是今天我們邀請大家來的原因。
Let's start with power.
我們從動力開始講。
It's clear that petrol-driven engines have no future.
很清楚,汽油驅動的發動機是沒有前途的。
Already there are many alternative fuel vehicles on the market, powered by anything from solar power to natural gas.
市場上已經有很多替代能源的車輛,由太陽能、天然氣等提供動力。
Some independent thinkers have even produced cars that run on vegetable oil.
一些獨立的思考者甚至已制造出由蔬菜油帶動的汽車。
But as we all know, of all these alternative fuel vehicles, the most practical are electric vehicles.
但我們都知道,所有這些替代能源的車輛中,最實際的是電動車。
Sure, in the past electric vehicles have their problems, namely,
當然,電動車以前是有些問題,
a limited driving range and very few recharging points, which limited their use.
即行駛范圍有限和充電地點很少,這些都限制了它的使用。
Now, however, recent developments in electric vehicle technology mean
不過現在,電動車技術的最新發展意味著
they can match conventional petrol engines in terms of performance and safety.
它們在性能和安全性方面都能比得上傳統的汽油發動機。
Let's not forget that electric vehicles are cleaner.
我們不要忘了電動車更清潔。
Plus, importantly, the power source is rechargeable, so this does not involve using any valuable resources.
此外,重要的是能源是可再充電的,所以不會用到寶貴的資源。
Moving on to communications, very soon, cars will be linked to GPS satellites, so they'll do all the driving for you.
下面講講通訊的問題,汽車很快就將和全球衛星定位系統連接,所以能替你做開車的事。
What controls the main for the users will be audio-based,
用戶將通過聲音控制電源,
so, for example, you'll just have to say a bit warmer, and the air conditioning will adjust automatically.
例如你只需要說有點熱,空調將會自動調整。
You'll also be able to receive e-mail, music and movies, all via an internet link.
你還能通過互聯網接收電子郵件,聽音樂,看電影。
So just type in the destination you want, sit back, sleep, watch a movie, whatever.
所以你只需輸入你要去的目的地,向后靠著坐,睡覺,看電影,隨便你做什么都行。