Cheers, Shirley.
干杯吧,雪莉!
Cheers, Paul. What a lovely place for a business lunch!
干杯,保羅!在這個地方吃工作餐真不錯!
I hope I can concentrate in this heat.
天氣這么熱,希望我一會兒能夠集中注意力。
I'm sure you will when I tell you about my ideas.
你要是聽到我的想法精力肯定會集中起來的。
You know, I must say I was pleased to hear from you, but from what you said on the phone, everything is so sudden.
聽你這么說,我挺開心,但光聽你在電話里提到的事,似乎一切都很突然。
Well, my father-in-law, who is also the managing director of Jayal Motors, has given me two weeks to prepare a report on the possibility of moving into the export market.
好吧,我的繼父,他也是Jayal汽車公司的總裁,他給了我兩周時間,讓我準備一份發展出口市場的可行性報告。
Ah, now. Just one thing, Paul. Have you really thought the whole idea through?
哦,保羅,現在的問題是。你真的仔細想過這個問題了嗎?
Of course, I have.
當然啦,我已經想好了。
Now the key thing in the whole operation is to get a good import agent, and you say the bank will help?
那么現在整個運作的關鍵就是要找到一個出色的進口代理商,你是不是說過銀行會幫忙?
I'm almost sure of it.
這個基本已經可以確定了。
Preliminary studies are all very good, Paul.
初步的研究都還不錯,保羅。
But if the product can't sell, then there's little use in expanding the factory.
但是如果產品賣不出去,擴大工廠就沒什么意義了。
Yes, I realize that, Shirley. But we have a very good product.
是的,雪莉,我已經意識到了。 但是我們的產品非常棒。
The chief designer has just completed a new improved model.
首席設計師才剛剛完善了新模型的設計。
I know your bikes have a very good reputation here, but you have to build up a reputation and a market in Africa.
我知道,你們的自行車在這里已經樹立起了良好的聲譽,但是問題是你要在非洲開拓一片市場,在那里建立口碑。
Yes, of course. But the immediate problem is that my father-in-law wants a detailed report by next Monday.
是的,那當然了。但當務之急是下周一前我繼父就想看到一份詳細的報告。
Two weeks isn't enough time to prepare a report, so I need your help.
兩周時間不足以準備好一份報告,所以需要你幫助我。
OK, Paul. You've convinced me.
好的,保羅,你已經說服我了。
I must say I admire your determination.
我很欣賞你的決斷力。