Question 11. Shawn's been trying for months to find a job. But I wonder how he could get a job when he looks like that.
問題11. 肖恩幾個月來一直在找工作。但我對像他這副樣子如何能找到一份工作而好奇。
Oh, that poor guy! He really should shave himself every other day at least and put on something clean.
那個可憐的家伙!他真的應該至少每隔一天刮一次胡子并且穿得干凈些。
What do we learn about Shawn?
我們了解到肖恩的哪些情況?
Question 12. I wish Jane would call when she knows she'll be late. This is not the first time we've had to wait for her.
問題12. 當簡知道她要遲到的時候,我希望她會打電話。這不是第一次了,我們總是要等她。
I agree. But she does have to drive through very heavy traffic to get here.
我同意。但她要開車經過交通非常擁堵的地方才能到這里。
What does the man imply?
這個男人在暗示什么?
Question 13. Congratulations! I heard your baseball team is going to the Mid-Atlantic Championships. -Yeah, we're all working real hard right now!
問題13. 祝賀!我聽說你的棒球隊要參加大西洋中部冠軍塞。-是的,我們正在努力的練習!
What is the woman's team doing?
這個女人的球隊要做什么?
Question 14. John's been looking after his mother in the hospital. She was injured in a car accident two weeks ago and is still in critical condition.
問題14. 約翰一直在照顧他住院的媽媽。她兩周前在一次車禍中受傷了,還處于危險之中。
Oh, that's terrible. And you know his father passed away last year?
真糟糕。你知道他的父親去年去世了嗎?
What do we learn about John?
我們了解到約翰的什么情況?