Conversation Two
對話二
Good morning, I'm calling about the job that was in the paper last night.
早上好,我來詢問昨晚在紙上看到的招聘信息。
Well, could you tell me your name?
好的,你能告訴一下你的名字嗎?
Candider Forsett.
福賽特·坎底得。
Oh yes. What exactly is it that interests you about the job?
好的,你為什么對這個工作感興趣?
Well, I thought it was just right for me.
我想它很適合我。
Really? Hmm...could you tell me a little about yourself?
真的嗎?你能告訴我一些關于你自己的事嗎?
Yes. I'm 23. I've been working abroad.
好的。我23歲,一直在國外工作。
Where exactly have you been working?
你工作的確切地點在哪里?
In Geneva.
在日內瓦。
Oh, Geneva. And what were you doing there?
在日內瓦做什么工作呢?
Secretarial work. Previous to that, I was at university.
秘書工作,在此之前,我一直在讀大學。
Which university was that?
哪所大學?
The University of Manchester. I've got a degree in English.
英國曼徹斯特大學。我有英文學位。
You said you've been working in Geneva. Do you have any special reason for wanting to come back?
你說你已經在日內瓦工作了。你現在有什么特殊情況要回來嗎?
I thought it would be nice to be near to the family.
我想離家近點。
I see, and how do you see yourself developing in this job?
我明白了,你怎么看自己在這個職位的發展?
Well, I'm ambitious. I do hope that my career as a secretary will lead me eventually into management.
我雄心勃勃。我希望我做秘書的職業生涯最終能進入管理階層。
I see. You have foreign languages?
明白了,你會外語嗎?
French and Italian.
法語和意大利語。
Well, I think the best thing for you to do is to reply in writing to the advertisement.
好的,我想你最好做一個書面申請。
Can't I arrange for an interview now?
不能現在安排面試嗎?
Well, I'm afraid we must wait until all the applications are in, in writing, and we'll then decide on the short list. If you are on the short list, of course we should see you.
恐怕不行,我們必須等到所有的書面申請資料審核完成后再決定出最后的名單。如果你在那份名單里,我們就可以面談了。
Oh, I see.
我明白了。
I look forward to receiving your application in writing in a day or two.
我期待在這一兩天里收到你的申請。
Oh, yes, yes, certainly.
好的,當然。
OK, thank you very much. Goodbye.
好的,非常感謝。
Thank you. Goodbye.
謝謝,再見。
Questions 22 to 25 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
基于你聽到的對話,回答22至25題。
Question 22. How did the woman get to know about the job vacancy?
問題22. 這位女士怎樣知道職位空缺的信息?
Question 23. Why did the woman find the job appealing?
問題23. 為什么女士覺得這份工作有吸引力?
Question 24. What had the woman been doing in Geneva?
問題24. 這位女士在日內瓦做什么?
Question 25. What was the woman asked to do in the end?
問題25. 這位女士最后被要求做什么?