Those Childhood Days
童年時光
When you came into the world, she held you in her arms.
你來到人世,她抱你在懷。
You thanked her by weeping your eyes out.
你報答她,哭得天昏地暗。
When you were 1 year old, she fed you and bathed you.
你1歲時,她為你哺乳,為你洗澡。
You thanked her by crying all night long.
你報答她,哭了個通宵。
When you were 2 years old, she taught you to walk.
你2歲時,她教你走路。
You thanked her by running away when she called.
你報答她,她一叫你就跑。
When you were 3 years old, she made all your meals with love.
你3歲時,她滿懷愛心為你備三餐。
You thanked her by tossing your plate on the floor.
你報答她,把盤子一拋摔在地。
When you were 4 years old, she gave you some crayons.
你4歲時,她給你幾支彩筆。
You thanked her by coloring the dining room table.
你報答她,把餐桌涂成大花臉。
When you were 5 years old, she dressed you for the holidays.
你5歲時,節日里她盛妝打扮你。
You thanked her by plopping into the nearest pile of mud.
你報答她,撲通一聲摔進旁邊一堆泥巴里。
When you were 6 years old, she walked you to school.
你6歲時,她步行送你去上學。
You thanked her by screaming, “I'm not going!”
你報答她,扯著嗓子叫:“我就是不去!”
When you were 7 years old, she bought you a baseball.
你7歲時,她給你買來個棒球。
You thanked her by throwing it through the next-door-neighbor's window.
你報答她,把鄰居的玻璃砸得稀里嘩啦。
When you were 8 years old, she handed you an ice cream.
你8歲時,她遞給你一支冰淇淋。
You thanked her by dripping it all over your lap.
你報答她,膝蓋上滴的全是它。
When you were 9 years old, she paid for piano lessons.
你9歲時,她掏錢讓你學鋼琴。
You thanked her by never even bothering to practice.
你報答她,從來不費心去練它。
When you were 10 years old, she drove you all day, from soccer to gymnastics to one birthday party after another.
你10歲時,她整天開車為你忙,從足球場到健身房,到一個又一個的生日會場。
You thanked her by jumping out of the car and never looking back.
你報答她,跳下車,頭也不回背朝她。
When you were 11 years old, she took you and your friends to the movies.
你11歲,她帶你和朋友去影院。
You thanked her by asking to sit in a different row.
你報答她,請她坐到另一排。
When you were 12 years old, she warned you not to watch certain TV shows.
你12歲,她警告你有些電視不要看。
You thanked her by waiting until she left the house.
你報答她,等她離開偏要看。
Those Teenage Years
少年歲月
When you were 13, she suggested a haircut that was becoming.
你13歲,她建議你把發型剪得體。
You thanked her by telling her she had no taste.
你報答她,對她連說沒品味。
When you were 14, she paid for a month away at summer camp.
14歲時,她掏錢送你進夏令營。
You thanked her by forgetting to write a single letter.
你報答她,整月沒有一封信。
When you were 15, she came home from work, looking for a hug.
15歲時,她下班回到家,期望有人擁抱她。
You thanked her by having your bedroom door locked.
你報答她,把房門反鎖不理她。
When you were 16, she taught you how to drive her car.
你16歲時,她手把手教你開她的車。
You thanked her by taking it every chance you could.
你報答她,逮著機會就玩車。
When you were 17, she was expecting an important call.
你17歲,她在等一個重要電話。
You thanked her by being on the phone all night.
你報答她,電話粥煲了一通宵。
When you were 18, she cried at your high school graduation.
18歲你高中畢業時,她喜極而泣把淚灑。
You thanked her by staying out partying until dawn.
你報答她,在外面聚會通宵達旦不回家。